2WD Question and Help

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 08:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2WD Question and Help

This Q is for anyone but nooq is the only one i have seen with this...I was going to get basic 2wd Fabtech maybe with the coilovers...Sell me on coilovers the pros and cons. My truck is a 2006 Lincoln LT 2WD and will not be doing any of roading. I want to run 35X12.50 and 20X10rims. I want to possibly put a 2" spacer to get the little lift that the 2WD lacks with the 6" lift on it. Will I need the Total Chaos UniBall Ucas or will I be ok with out it? Pros and Cons. Any one with input please help and add helpful pics..Thanks alot!

Old 12-26-2007, 08:30 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think you will be fine using the standard Fabtech coilovers and a 2 inch Autospring leveling kit up front.

Old 12-26-2007, 09:12 PM
Originally Posted by CHUCKO1404
This Q is for anyone but nooq is the only one i have seen with this...I was going to get basic 2wd Fabtech maybe with the coilovers...Sell me on coilovers the pros and cons. My truck is a 2006 Lincoln LT 2WD and will not be doing any of roading. I want to run 35X12.50 and 20X10rims. I want to possibly put a 2" spacer to get the little lift that the 2WD lacks with the 6" lift on it. Will I need the Total Chaos UniBall Ucas or will I be ok with out it? Pros and Cons. Any one with input please help and add helpful pics..Thanks alot!

go with the coilovers and crank them. thats what they are for...ditch the spacer. heres pics below of before and after. before is the coilover at stock setting, after is a the coilover cranked for 2 1/2"s. the factory UCA and balljoint would be maxed out, plus they are weak in that kinda angle. The uni-***** help aid what the factory's lack STRENGTH.

Old 12-26-2007, 09:36 PM
one more q

How do you crank the coilovers? Where Did you get lift and how much is the set up that you have with the new Uca's and all?

Old 12-26-2007, 11:08 PM
Originally Posted by CHUCKO1404
How do you crank the coilovers? Where Did you get lift and how much is the set up that you have with the new Uca's and all?
cranking the coilover is pretty simple. they supply a spanner wrench when you buy them. the ring (collar) on top of the coil itself is where you crank. applying some thread lube makes the job easier. i chose to adjust them on the truck, measuring from the center of the wheel to the bottom of your fender, that is to make sure you get the equal amount of lift on each side. so basically, after install is done, just jack the truck up to get it at full droop...then do your adjusting until you achieve your additional 2"s. make sure you losseen the set screw on the coilover before you crank, that setscrew is to hold your collar in place. then tighten when finished. my lift is a pro comp lift with the fabtech DL 2.5" coilovers. i purchased the coilovers from a well respected member here on this site. i believe i paid 910$ for the coilovers and i paid 750$ for the control arms. $1,660.00 for the complete setup. its a steep price to pay, but it paid off and looks very very clean.

Old 12-27-2007, 10:43 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
RIght. THe standard Fabtech coilover shocks are not adjustable. They look like a longer version of your oem coilover shocks.

Old 12-27-2007, 05:21 PM
If you have the money and you want coilovers then get them, but you don't need them IMO. I don't take my truck offroading because (1) it's a 2WD and (2) because I spent way too much money on it to take it offroad and tear it up. I have the basic 6" Fabtech on my truck and I'm perfectly happy with it. I'm running 35x12.50x18's on mine and have no issues whatsoever. You may want to go bigger in the future so that would be a good reason to get the coilovers. There are times when I'd like to go bigger and may add coilovers at some point in the future. If you're on a budget though you may want to go with just the basic kit and take the savings and invest in a tuner or maybe some new gears.

Trending Topics

Old 12-27-2007, 05:39 PM
Originally Posted by wxscpo
If you have the money and you want coilovers then get them, but you don't need them IMO. I don't take my truck offroading because (1) it's a 2WD and (2) because I spent way too much money on it to take it offroad and tear it up. I have the basic 6" Fabtech on my truck and I'm perfectly happy with it. I'm running 35x12.50x18's on mine and have no issues whatsoever. You may want to go bigger in the future so that would be a good reason to get the coilovers. There are times when I'd like to go bigger and may add coilovers at some point in the future. If you're on a budget though you may want to go with just the basic kit and take the savings and invest in a tuner or maybe some new gears.
amen, coilovers come with a hefty price tag.

Quick Reply: 2WD Question and Help