Aftermarket lower control arms for lifted trucks

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 12:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aftermarket lower control arms for lifted trucks

does anyone know of a company that makes aftermarket lower control arms for lifted trucks? (f150)

Old 12-18-2007, 10:24 AM
For lifted no
Lowered has JDM arms but they wont work on lifted truck the caster/camber is changed on them.

Do like me beat the hell out of your truck, bend a lower then buy a ford stock replacement.

Old 12-18-2007, 12:08 PM
camburg makes lower control arms for their long travel kits. give them a call, see what they have

Old 12-18-2007, 04:31 PM
WHY do you want an aftermarket LCA ? ? Did you bust your factory ones up? (just curious) The factory ones are pretty beasty (not indistructible... but nothing ever really is). I get compliments all the time on "nice LCA" or "Fabtech provides some beasty LCA" I have gotten plenty of compliments on them (and they are stock)

Old 12-18-2007, 07:35 PM
I'm in the process of replacing all the ball joints with uni-*****, and the only one i'm having a hard time finding is the lower.

my upper is total choas, my steering rod ends are being made here local which leaves me with just that lca ball joints.

Old 12-18-2007, 09:10 PM
I also looked and called around. Noone makes an arm and camburgs shop was to busy to do custom work anymore. I called and asked and they didnt want to make me one they had to much going. I m not trying to turn away business from them they are a great shop just really busy with all there kits they have. Every real fab shop i called said it would have to be custom their LT arms are longer and custom cost money. Just beat it and *if* anything happens just get one for like 150 online. On thing about our lowers they wont strait break or rip off the aluminum will bend and flex so you should still be able to get home even if the worse does happen.

Old 12-19-2007, 11:32 AM
SlowRunner: So how much is the custom steering rod ends gunna run ya? Just wondering. And are you doing the custom job or having a fab shop? Pics once its all done sure would be awesome.

Trending Topics

Old 12-19-2007, 01:24 PM
There being done by a 4x4 fab shop here local. as for cost don't know yet until there made, he said it would depend on what it takes to make them and keep them simple so the average joe could install them in their driveway without having to use a reamer ( got that idea from the total choas uppers because they come with the spindle adapter so you don't have to use a reamer on the upper spindle).

I always plan for the worse ( just a Habit) so i estimate it would be around $300 for the pair with bolts,washers, nuts and spindle adapters.

as for pics., I'm planning on taking some close ups before they are installed and after

Last edited by slowRunner; 12-19-2007 at 01:43 PM.
Old 12-19-2007, 01:46 PM
hecka sweet and sounds like it should be a pretty good deal. Even if its $300... I would still be interested in it. Well definately keep us posted! Maybe you will be able to convince him to make some more... then you can re-sell them and make a couple bucks.

Old 12-19-2007, 03:39 PM
Camburg gave me a quote of about 250 for mine

Quick Reply: Aftermarket lower control arms for lifted trucks