Sorry to ask... but another question on 2wd and spacer kits

Old 12-03-2007, 02:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to ask... but another question on 2wd and spacer kits

I know this has been discussed on here like no end. But, ive been reading a bit over the last few days and im either not searching for the right stuff or cant find it period. Anyhow.. im a noob when it comes to anything LIFTed. Ive always had lowered cars and trucks, so this is new territory to me.

I have an 04 4dr 2wd. I was planning on running like a 305/55R20, but wasnt sure if that tire size would work with what i was wanting to get. I was basically planning on just getting an autospring 2.5 front spacer and a 2inch AAL in the rear. I basically wanna know if this setup will clear the tires fine on aftermarket 20s and if the truck will sit level with this setup? Maybe if anyone has pictures of a 2wd with this setup or something similar? Would that setup possibly allow me to run 35s, like 35/12.5/20?

Any help is appreciated, thanks for reading!

Old 12-03-2007, 12:29 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It should fit as long as you stay with a 9 inch wide or narrower wheel with 5 inches or more backspacing.

Old 12-04-2007, 07:43 PM
Talking Agree with "Wandell"

Watch the rim width and backspacing. 20" wheels and tires If any wider and taller may have issue with the stab bar during turns. Your steering rack is the stop at design and curb heights. The stops are graduated as the suspension travels toward jounce and rebound. Your lift kit will change these travels and you will actually get more travel than you may be able to handle back toward jounce. Try not to use spacers or to aggressive wheel back space to move the tire outboard either. This could reduce the life of you wheel bearings by adding aggressive scrub radius. Watch the O.D too. 35" on a 4x2 even with a lift may be too much.
Good luck. Best thing to do is put em on see what you get.

Old 12-04-2007, 08:20 PM
I don't really know where to post this but i have an 06 fx4 with a 6 inch pro comp lift 35 inch tires and 18 inch rims i want a 3 inch body lift but how big of tires could i get and how would it look?

Old 12-04-2007, 08:52 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'd go with a 37x13.50-18 personally.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sorry to ask... but another question on 2wd and spacer kits