Autospring and Alignment

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 09:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Autospring and Alignment

My 2" Leveling Kit should be coming sometime this week so I will be installing it this weekend, hopefully. The question I have is in regards to an alignment. The shop I will be using to get the alignment done is open Monday through Friday. Would installing the leveling kit on Saturday and then waiting until Monday or Tuesday to get it aligned cause any problems? Thanks.

Old 11-05-2007, 09:57 AM

You should be ok for a couple of days. I would not go more than 1 week though. At that point, you'll start to do damage to your tires.

Old 11-05-2007, 11:46 AM
You should be fine for a couple of days. From personal experience, I just recently put the 2" kit on my 05 and had to wait a few days until I could get it aligned. The tires were left almost unharmed in the front. Youll love the new look. Are you gonna go with bigger tires?

Old 11-06-2007, 03:02 PM
Thanks for the input guys. I actually got home form work last night and the package was there. I order on Thursday night and received on Monday afternoon, pretty quick turn around. Looks like I will tackle this on Saturday (along with new brake pads, Carquest Blues) but the tires will stay the same for now. Im looking at maybe a 305/65/18 BFG on the stock rims, but am not sure if they will fit. Another thread another day. The tires I have should last the winter but probably wont pass state inspection come August. Again, thanks for the input about the alignment drive time.

Old 11-06-2007, 03:21 PM
They will fit. I just put a 305/70/18 Xtreme MT on my truck and there's no rubbing. But yeah I have to wait till friday to get mine aligned too, with tires put on Monday. It WILL get done though, I didn't do it right away with the POS stock goodyears just because I knew I was getting new tires and it tore them apart.

Quick Reply: Autospring and Alignment