4wd rear blocks on a 2wd?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 10:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4wd rear blocks on a 2wd?

I have a quick question and request. I have a 2wd 2007 Screw with a 2.5" AS leveling kit in front. I want to bring the back end up a little. Will the stock 4wd blocks and U-bolts work?

If so does anybody out the with a lifted newer 4wd have their blocks that they are not using and would like to let them go cheap and know they are going to good use instead of gathering dust in the garage?

I am in Southern CA.

Thanks, Chris

Old 11-04-2007, 12:54 PM
Originally Posted by bangingd
I have a quick question and request. I have a 2wd 2007 Screw with a 2.5" AS leveling kit in front. I want to bring the back end up a little. Will the stock 4wd blocks and U-bolts work?

If so does anybody out the with a lifted newer 4wd have their blocks that they are not using and would like to let them go cheap and know they are going to good use instead of gathering dust in the garage?

I am in Southern CA.

Thanks, Chris
You could also use a AAL, i have a brand new 2" AAL i am selling. 110$. i am in Souther Cal also 92807. let me know if your interested. inooqz@hotmail.com

Old 11-05-2007, 10:13 AM
Originally Posted by nooq
You could also use a AAL, i have a brand new 2" AAL i am selling. 110$. i am in Souther Cal also 92807. let me know if your interested. inooqz@hotmail.com
How much does the AAL affect the factory ride? I mostly commute and don't want to end up with a bucking bronco like my buddies Dodge. Do you also have the U-bolts?

BTW - nice rig!!!!

Old 11-05-2007, 10:18 AM
I have the 4wd blocks and U bolts that I took off of my truck. I will give them to you shipped for $50 plus shipping. I took them off at 10,000 miles.

Let me know,
Josh

Old 11-05-2007, 10:35 AM
Originally Posted by bangingd
How much does the AAL affect the factory ride? I mostly commute and don't want to end up with a bucking bronco like my buddies Dodge. Do you also have the U-bolts?

BTW - nice rig!!!!
it shouldnt affect your ride much at all. it will allow for the extra height and gain some more towing capacity. let me know.

Old 11-05-2007, 08:38 PM
Watch your driveline angles

The 4x2 has no transfer case and I believe the supper crew for that year has a 2 pc drive shaft. The rear pinion angle as is will be offset from factory setting by the 50mm spacer. The lift in the front has already changed you input angle. The spacer in the rear make make it worse. Or who knows, maybe better. There are angled shims that can be used to correct, if you get any driveline shutter. Watch the u-bolt reserve thread. You need at least 2 or 3 showing past the nut for the prevailing torque feature to work if you use any shims.

Good luck.

Old 11-05-2007, 08:49 PM
i have a set of the factory blocks, no u-bolts i will let go cheap. EMail me at justind2405@yahoo.com if you are interested.

Quick Reply: 4wd rear blocks on a 2wd?