Donahoe replacement coilovers ???'s.

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 10:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I pumped mine with our big trucks shop hitemp syn red grease, I didnt know it had to be teflon based, Camburgs arms use derlin bushing I think (they were black) so I dont know if teflon is required, even though some milky white sticky lube came with them, leave the bad jokes at home.

Old 10-11-2007, 01:58 AM
Originally Posted by extremeethan
You could get some Uniball UCAs like I did (pics tonight have to get the GFs camera) and it depends on what you want to do with the truck, the DR ride nice but I have have major seal problems and leaking shocks, also I want a rezzy like the kings have because i use my shocks and a rezzy is nice to have but again it depends on how you will use them. The DR should be fine but IMO the kings are better, or maybe even try camburgs coilovers. They have a package deal with new UCAs and a bolt in coilover. Thats the route I would go if I was just looking to level my truck as well as make it ride better. Check out Camburg.com

Also the camburg coilovers are only like 950 no 1100-1500 for kings or DRs but still just as good of a shock.
Thanks for all of the info man. I appreciate it a lot. I am just really confused on what to do with my truck right now cause if all of these coilovers and UCAs cost as much as a lift i might as well lift it cause i want to do that as well... I have been looking a lot into the RCD lift and if i get it lifted thats the lift i am most likely going to get. My offroad shop i always go to is quoting me about 3 grand for the kit, labor and all that other bs. How does that sound for a price?

Old 10-11-2007, 10:25 AM
I guess it all depends on what you want out of your truck, I have a lift (procomp) and want to take it off and go back to a Uniball upper arm and a bolt in coilover.

Old 10-11-2007, 03:24 PM
I guess it all depends on what you want out of your truck, I have a lift (procomp) and want to take it off and go back to a Uniball upper arm and a bolt in coilover.
Oh really. Why is this?

Old 10-11-2007, 03:55 PM
why don't you stay lifted? get new uca and get new coil overs?? Why would you want to take off the lift?

Old 10-11-2007, 05:45 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by MercedesTech
why don't you stay lifted? get new uca and get new coil overs?? Why would you want to take off the lift?
He's been through like 3 different coilover set-ups already. . probably upset he spent the money the way he did on his truck. I can vouch for him though. I wish I would of saved up all the money I've spent on my truck.

Last edited by ThumperMX113; 10-11-2007 at 05:49 PM.
Old 10-11-2007, 05:48 PM
I have coilovers and upper control arms I like to do desert and now I am worried about breaking my pro comp knuckle, and the whole handling factor of being lifted, as well as the added stress the drop brackets put on the whole front frame. I know breaking the knuckle is slim, but I worrie about it because if that happens this is my DD and I dont even want to think of how much damage that would do to everything else, front axle, brakes, coilovers, fenders, steering rack.

Thump beat me to it, I wish I had just saved up and went long travel not pieced together a mid travel kit, i dont mind spending the money I just wish I was more happy with my set up for how much I have in it.

Last edited by extremeethan; 10-11-2007 at 05:51 PM.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:15 PM
Am I gonna run into any problems with installation and performance if I was to bolt on a set of uniball upper control arms and a set of king coilovers with my superlift kit? This isnt gonna happen any time soon but just doin research in advance.

Old 10-11-2007, 06:31 PM
is super lift a 4 or 6 inch lift I dont think you could get kings to work on a 4 inch lift and a 6 inch lift the kings will just max everything out, because they are for 8 inch lift. As long as your lift is a 6 inch you should be fine

Old 10-11-2007, 09:20 PM
Its for a 6 inch lift kit, does that mean that they will be too soft if I was to get them to work for my lift? Is there a set of shocks that would work better for a 6 inch kit?

Old 10-11-2007, 10:25 PM
SAWs for lifted trucks, 4wheelparts stock them, I seriously considered getting them but I am done spending money on my truck

Old 10-12-2007, 12:14 AM
SAWs for lifted trucks, 4wheelparts stock them, I seriously considered getting them but I am done spending money on my truck
i am with ya on that. except for some gears, thats all iam doing.

Old 10-12-2007, 01:41 AM
Ive got gears already I cant think of anything else to do but some air bumps all the way around. maybe maybe.

Old 10-12-2007, 11:53 AM
Suspended
I keep telling myself the same thing.. It's a viscous cycle.

Quick Reply: Donahoe replacement coilovers ???'s.