Correct me if I am wrong....shock question

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 12:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Correct me if I am wrong....shock question

So....Bilstein does not offer a front leveling shock for 97-03 trucks, just on the 04+ models? I originally thought that would be a good way to level out the truck, because I want to replace all the shocks anyway.

If that is the case then I will probably just get a set of 4 Rancho RS9000XL and adjust my torsion bars to level the truck.

Old 09-12-2007, 03:02 PM
Bilstein does offer front shocks to replace the stock shocks on the 97-03 models. They won't level your front end, you'll have to crank your torsion bars for that. But I had them on my 2000 4x4 before I totaled it, and now on my 03 FX4. I love them.

I found all 4 on Ebay brand new for $250 shipped. I'm not sure if this what you are referring to, but as of Feburary, they still had them.

Old 09-12-2007, 03:28 PM
Yeah I have seen the one's you have. Just wasn't sure if they made a leveling shock for the older models, cause I am kind of skeptical about touching the torsion bars. I guess from what I've heard it is ok as long as you don't raise them too much. Like 1 inch or 1 1/2 at most.

I think I want the rancho's though, because they are adjustable.

Old 09-12-2007, 03:48 PM
I just re-read your first post, gotcha

As far as as the trosion bars go, I was leary at first but decided to do it anyway. I haven't had any issues with doing it either.

I only cranked my about an inch to clear the 35s with no rubbing (I've got a BL on my truck). Something to think about, if you want the appearance of a leveled truck but don't want to crank them, just remove the black air valence at the very bottom of the front end. It's about 2" wide and the front of your truck won't look like it is sitting so much lower than the front end. My truck isn't level, but it looks like it is. Here's a pic of the front end without the valance.

Quick Reply: Correct me if I am wrong....shock question