leveling kit help

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 05:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
leveling kit help

I want to say hey to everyone. I'm new to the forum. I got a few questions about leveling kits. I was thinking about the 3in strut lift kit from skyjacker, but I heard it messes up the arms and boots pretty bad. I was also thinking about an autosprings 2'' cause I heard the the 2.5'' will cause a lot of rub and wear. I know that skyjacker makes a 2'' but its aluminum. It is not as strong as steel, but it doesnt rust as fast. Also when I do carry stuff it can be pretty heavy. could put an aal in the back but i heard it can make the ride stiffer and will start to squeak and knock. how much lift will it give me? I've read almost everypost in the forum on leveling and need to know, i'm trying to order everything now so I can put all of it on when i get home from iraq. I have a 2006 scab fx4. just stock now, but i'll post some pics when i get a chance. if anyones got a scab with a leveler on the newer model let me
thanks

Old 08-27-2007, 04:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
from what i understand the skyjacker lift will tear up your CV joints. I was going to go that route until people bashed it on this forum. the auto spring 2.5" will put them at an angle but they still last pretty long, and is an all around good lift. Most people put either the Autospring (or any other) AAL around 1.5" to bring up the rear and fit some bigger tires. Also saw a 3" lift block to replace your factory 1.5" lift block in the rear, giving you the lift, with out the stiff ride of AAL. After doing my research, I have found that the Rancho 4" lift kit and the superlift 4.5" lift kit are the best bang for your buck! especilly if you are going to do any off-roading. I am also looking for some pics of anyone with the skyjacker 3" lift. I would like to see just how "extreme" of an angle the cv's will be at. Goodluck with your truck. let us know which way you decide go with the lift!

Quick Reply: leveling kit help