ADVISE and Comments ON "SUPER SPRINGS"

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 01:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking ADVISE and Comments ON "SUPER SPRINGS"

i want to stiffin the rear end for trailer towing.....question: if i have a 6 inch lift and added an add a leaf to my 06 FX4, when setting my drop hitch/ball receiver height, does it add more tongue weight if i have to crank my trailer hitch way up before putting it on the ball...because when i do this now when i lower the trailer onto the ball, my back end drops quite a bit....I am saying, what hints are there when setting my hitch height, should it be lower to take the sage out when i put my trailer on...i really think i am doing something wrong, maybe more tension also on the equalizer stuff too?, my trailer is a 23 foot Extreme Megalite that weighs about 7500 loaded with roughly a 600lb tongue weight.....hope this made sense, hehe

Old 06-22-2007, 10:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your tongue weight will (for practical purposes) not change at all due to 4-6" of ride height difference. That said, the handling can change if the angle of the trailer (dictated by the hitch height) varies too much from the trailer manufacturer's recommended ride height for the hitch.

Quick Reply: ADVISE and Comments ON "SUPER SPRINGS"