Pro Comp lift...spacer question

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 06:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pro Comp lift...spacer question

I have the 6 inch Pro Comp lift that comes with a spacer that goes over top of the stock front coilovers. I am wondering if anyone has successfully added an Autospring 2.5 inch spacer with the spacer that Pro Comp supplies. I know stacking spaces is not the greatest idea, even one is not good. But if anyone has added a spacer to there Pro Comp lift, to get more lift, and had good results and no failure, let me know.

Old 06-21-2007, 06:57 PM
Do us and yourself a favor and just get the adj bilsteins or the extended bilsteins, dont stack spacers, I havnt heard of any problems but then again we have always talked everyone out of it that has considered it.

Old 06-21-2007, 06:59 PM
Thanks Extreme for the quick response, I was looking into the Bilsteins and they are backordered at Summit. Does anyone know of a place where they are in stock and are at a reasonable price?

Old 06-21-2007, 07:29 PM
Before you go and dump money on shocks check the prices to get your brake lines extended or replaced. I've got the pro comp 6" lift also and I don't see it being very safe adding another 2.5" of lift to this. If you do check the prices please post your estimates.

Old 06-21-2007, 07:41 PM
Originally Posted by Impact9
Before you go and dump money on shocks check the prices to get your brake lines extended or replaced. I've got the pro comp 6" lift also and I don't see it being very safe adding another 2.5" of lift to this. If you do check the prices please post your estimates.
Impact, when my truck is on the lift with the front tires off the ground, my brake lines are fine. Only thing that seems to be on the side of being stretched is the vaccum lines for 4WD. Unless the spacer or shocks can extend it beyond what it is with the tires just hanging in the air, which it can't, I should not have a problem.

Only thing that I have to price besides the shocks or just putting on my spacer, is to get it aligned again.

Old 06-21-2007, 08:22 PM
I had to extend my 4x4 vaccum lines, I am going to put braided lines as soon as I get around to it, Ive got the shop to make them but its 115 I really have to want something to work out in that heat, and they would be a little work with all the bleeding. O yeah and summet is the only shop I know of with the extended ones sorry, just look around someone else has to have them

Quick Reply: Pro Comp lift...spacer question