Superlift 4.5" FIT Kit Installed

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 08:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looks great!!

Old 07-01-2007, 02:10 AM
Technical Article Contributor

im considering this lift in the future. i like that superlift doesnt increase front track width. in your pic it looks likes its saggin a little but also looks like you have stuff in the bed. does it sit perfectly level when the bed is empty?? also what is the backspacing on your rims??

Old 07-01-2007, 02:53 AM
Originally Posted by mSaLL150
im considering this lift in the future. i like that superlift doesnt increase front track width. in your pic it looks likes its saggin a little but also looks like you have stuff in the bed. does it sit perfectly level when the bed is empty?? also what is the backspacing on your rims??
Here is a photo of mine from the side. I think it looks pretty level. Sometimes different angles can make it look like it's sagging in the back.
Check my gallery for more photos.

Old 07-01-2007, 01:28 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by 05BlackF150
Here is a photo of mine from the side. I think it looks pretty level. Sometimes different angles can make it look like it's sagging in the back.
Check my gallery for more photos.
your truck looks great. you think you could fit 35s without rubbing? and did you get the superlift shocks or the ssr shocks?

Old 07-01-2007, 04:40 PM
Originally Posted by mSaLL150
your truck looks great. you think you could fit 35s without rubbing? and did you get the superlift shocks or the ssr shocks?
I got the Bilsteins for the rear. The front are factory. I know that Superlift now has Bilsteins for the front, but I didn't think it was necessary since I don't do any crazy offroading. "f150coug" has the same lift with 35's. He said he had very minor trimming of the front plastic valance. Check out his posts and gallery. He only has one photo though. It also depends on what offset your wheels have as to how much rubbing you will get. I don't know what offset "f150coug" has. They are the same wheels, but may have a different offset. My wheels have +10 offset. They are perfectly even with the outside of the factory fender flares. It looks like I would have plenty of room for 35's, but you don't really know until you put them on. I have no rubbing with my 33's. I think 35's would probably look better, but I didn't want to lose too much power and I didn't want to do any programming or regearing. I did notice a slight power loss even with 33's. You don't notice after a couple days of driving though.

Last edited by 05BlackF150; 07-01-2007 at 04:47 PM.
Old 07-01-2007, 04:57 PM
Originally Posted by F150Coug
I really like the lift. The ride is good and it sits level. I did have minimal rubbing after they fixed an alignment problem. They just trimmed the lowest plastic valence a little bit and works great. Can't tell unless you are looking hard. I was really hesitant to go with 35"s but I am really glad I did. I think I will be installing some air bags in the future to keep the back end up when towing. One of the main reasons I did not use a 6" Fabtech is they always look saggy in the rear. Easily fixable though.
Did you notice a big difference in performance with the 35's? Did you get a programmer or new gears? Did you have your speedo adjusted? Also, can you post a photo of the trimming you did on the front valance? Thanks.

Old 07-01-2007, 05:13 PM
There is a power difference. Not as much as people have made it out to be, from reading posts. You just push the GO pedal down a little more. I have not had my spedo recalibrated nor do I have a chip/programmer in the truck. I think I will wait until my warranty is closer to being expired. I also notice the angle of the truck makes it look level or slightly out of level. When that picture was taken I had my 4 factory tires and rims in the truck. I am going to install airbags for towing purposes and it will also help with the slight sag with a load on. I will post some pics of my trim job when I get back from FL... on vacation now. I am thinking I might have a slightly wider tire??? - 12.5" I believe my backspacing is also +10. I think they are exactly the same rim. They do stick out a little past my factory flares.

There is plenty of room for 35"s. I did not trim at all then when they realigned my front end after a week of driving I had to trim a little. Approaches on entrances rubbed slightly and I did not want to rip the little air damn off with those nobby tires.

I also have the Bilstein shocks shocks in the rear and factory fronts. I figured I would replace the factory shocks when they wear out and save some $ - they work well.

Old 07-10-2007, 08:00 PM
I am considering the superlift as well. I like the way that the 4.5" lifts the truck up nice around 33's. I have an AS right now with my 33's and I had to do some trimming on the inside fenderwell to let the tires clear. I was wondering if I would still have clearance issues with the lift. I have the moto metal's 951 with -12 (4.53) offset and Procomp Xtreme AT's that are 33x13.50.... What do you think??

Old 07-10-2007, 09:13 PM
My wheels are 18x9, +10 offset, 5.4 backspace, and the tires are
33x12.5R18. My tires are pretty much even with the outside of the fender flares. I have more than enough room. Your wheels and tires are going to stick out about 1 1/4"(10mm+12mm+1/2")further than mine. I still think you should be fine if you stay with 33's. Superlift doesn't increase front track width. Many people with 4" lifts have 35's with minor trimming. Your set up will probably look more aggressive with the wider stance. Do a search for rancho and superlift to see what other tire/wheel combo others have. Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: Superlift 4.5" FIT Kit Installed