front end leveling quesion

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 01:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
front end leveling quesion

first off, i would like to say that i am new here and i like what ive read so far. some very good information is being passed around!

secondly, i would like to put a 2" front leveling kit on my 04 FISO...my question(s) is: which one is the best to get? ive seen a bunch on ebay and have no clue as to what i'd like to get. is there any difference from the poly versus the steel? also, since i am not very good at turing wrenches, i would like one that is fairly simple to put on. i've read that some require a coil compressor or some special tools to which i dont have acces to. i also saw in some posts that there are some extreme angles at some of the joints and that does not look good to me. how well will these hold up to a beating of bouncing around in fields and in the gravel beds?

i was also thinking of going for a total lift if i dont do the front end. which one of these total lifts do you guys reccomend? i was thinking of going either with a 4" or 6"...nothing too extreme.

thanks in advance!

carl

Old 06-01-2007, 01:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Before someone flames the hell outta you... I'd suggest doing a forum search for some terms relating to leveling your truck. I'd suggest searching for "level" "leveling kit" "AAS" "autospring" or something to that effect. There are literally hundreds of in depth threads related to this topic. Read through some of that for an hour and you'll know more about lifting your truck than you would have ever cared to know.

Oh... and if you do choose to level it, the 2" or 2.5" Autospring Offset Leveling Kit is most peoples' opinion of the way to go.

The bottom line is, it's just not an easy decision to make. I'm still torn -- after pondering it for almost a year -- on whether to install a 2" AS kit on mine. I love the way it looks, but don't look forward to the potential repair bills down the road. The 2" kit just seems like the lesser of the 2 evils. Who knows.

Old 06-01-2007, 12:54 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you decide on a full suspension lift, I'd suggest the Fabtech, Rize or RCD 6 inch lifts.

Quick Reply: front end leveling quesion