2.5" Level Kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 05:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2.5" Level Kit

I went to the body shop and a guy swore by the Truxxx 2.5" level kit...anyone know anything about this kit? He said that the tires do not even have to be aligned after the installation..whatya think? Thanks guys...he says around 500 for 2.5" level and installation..sound reasonable?

Old 05-16-2007, 08:33 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The Truxx is basically the same as Daystar and some of the other level kits that you have to compress the springs to install, just twice the price. If you are just going with a levelling kit, save your money and get the Autospring or similiar type and have it installed and aligned for half the price.

I'd have to call BS on the wheel alignment comment, anytime you mess with the front suspension you are throwing something off. Always a good idea to at least have it checked afterwards.

Old 05-16-2007, 08:39 PM
I just put the AS 2.5 on my truck yesterday. The install only took 45 mins and the truck is perfectly level. Go with the AS and do it yourself and save the $ it's alot easier than you would think. I agree that it's bs that you won't need an alignment. The AS 2.5 put my camber almost an entire degree off.

Last edited by 06FX4Dave; 05-16-2007 at 08:44 PM.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:10 PM
Dog 'em..so your truck is a 4x4..i was just interested because i really like the way your truck sits...i guess you took the sticker off after mods that is the only way i know to tell the difference...how did the add a leaf affect the levelness of your truck? Did you just put the level on for the lift..i like that Yeah i thought that was a little high but im really not good with installing things just yet and it is too new to mess up with the warranty..he quoted me 1800 for new tires and wheels which i thought was pretty good but i guess was really givin it to me on the level kit...interesting to here what you have to say about ur truck...how much did all that run you?

Old 05-16-2007, 10:47 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sounds high to me also. I'd question the knowledge of anyone who says you don't need an alignment after any type of suspension lift.

Old 05-26-2007, 12:04 AM
Originally Posted by 06FX4Dave
I just put the AS 2.5 on my truck yesterday. The install only took 45 mins and the truck is perfectly level. Go with the AS and do it yourself and save the $ it's a lot easier than you would think. I agree that it's bs that you won't need an alignment. The AS 2.5 put my camber almost an entire degree off.
I just got my 2.5 as and just wanted to no what your measurements were from the ground to top of wheel arch before and after install. I have about 2 3/4" difference from front to back so hopefully the 2.5 as will work out just nice. But i have read some peeps getting 3" lift from a 2.5 as. This will look terrible if i get a 3" lift from mine. Also what were your angles like not to severe like some of the
post i have seen.

Quick Reply: 2.5" Level Kit