Help with Rough Country Spindle Lift

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 12:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with Rough Country Spindle Lift

Good Day,
Just wondering if anyone had the same issue i have with Rough Country Spindles on 98 2wd f150. I installed a 3' body lift and then installed the 3" Rough Country Spindle lift hoping to fit 35" tires. However i was really upset when i order the tires to find out that the 35's would not fit do to hitting the rear of the front fender. Which we only tried the passenger side. The mechanic stated that the camber was set negative from stock spindle which would have the tire centered but the lift spindle has the tire setting closer to the rear of the fender. The mechanic tried to adjust the camber to see if he could roll the spindle forward but it would not roll enough to center the tire in the fender well. I had plenty of room in front of the tire but not the the rear. So after blowing 100+ dollars for shipping i got a set of 33" tires and found they still rub the rear of the fender on the passenger side but i can install a coil spacer which should give the 33's enough clearance. The truck came stock with 17's with 30" tires and you would think going up 6 inches or even 8 inches would have cleared those 35's. Also the spindles state that it gives a 1/2 offset for the front tires but i have about a 2 1/2 offset now on the front tires compared to the rear. What is going on with these spindles? I emailed Rough Country but have yet to hear anything from them. Anyone else experience issues like this?

Old 04-24-2007, 08:13 PM
I was going to guess it was the offset and backspacing of your rims... but then I read that your wheel is not centered in the fenderwell. That just doesn't seem right no matter how you slice it.

I just read another thread about this same issue so on the face of it, it seems like there may be a manufacturing defect to blame.

Old 04-25-2007, 09:44 AM
Or perhaps they are meant to be used with Rough Country replacement A-arms?

Quick Reply: Help with Rough Country Spindle Lift