Pics of Full Throttle 12-inch Lifts? Anybody?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 11:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Vapor_Trails
I know most of you guys are just breakin' *****. And some of you are gettin' pissed. But we're all missing the big picture: The more lift kits people buy, 4wd, 2wd, 4" lift, 14" lift the cheaper they all get. If enough people buy that new Tuff Country Long Travel Lift (the only TRUE offroad lift available for 04+ that I'm aware of) for example, then the price may drop drastically from $5000. Increased production means lower production costs, which usually translates into lower retail. Instead of pissin' in each other's Wheaties about who should or shouldn't lift what, we should be encouraging every F150 owner to buy a lift.
I hope you're kidding about the Tuff Country kit. You get some fancy upper and lower arms and shock towers for $3300. Then you reuse your own knuckles for the kit and buy the coilovers separate. Who in their right mind would waste their money on that? Think Tuff Country is stretching a bit. They're already extremely low on the lift kit preference list and this is just gonna make people wonder what's going on over there. I'm sure some sucker somewhere will buy it though. I'll put up a pic of the components which doesn't even include the shocks and you tell me you'd spend 3300 dollars on it.

Old 04-27-2007, 11:37 PM
the Tuff County long travel is the only true off roading lift? HAHAHAHA .....sit down man.

if you wanna say that then you may wanna re-consider what you say cause when it comes to long travel kits for our 150's the only one is the JD Fabrication. http://www.jdfabrication.com/kits/2004_f150.asp

Old 04-27-2007, 11:47 PM
Originally Posted by nooq
why are you even posting in this thread, you have a puny leveling kit. get real bro, i would much rather offroad a lifted 2wd than a stock 4wd like yours.
Yeah and once you plow your unpowered front tires into some soft earth you'll need a 4 W D to come drag your poser *** out.

(turnabout is fair play)

Yes, regardless of how many wheels drive the truck it still looks better lifted. But the idea behind 4x4 is increased off road capability and that is further enhanced by greater ground clearance and more aggressive tires.

Old 04-28-2007, 12:23 AM
Originally Posted by KansasJoe
I hope you're kidding about the Tuff Country kit. You get some fancy upper and lower arms and shock towers for $3300. Then you reuse your own knuckles for the kit and buy the coilovers separate. Who in their right mind would waste their money on that? Think Tuff Country is stretching a bit. They're already extremely low on the lift kit preference list and this is just gonna make people wonder what's going on over there. I'm sure some sucker somewhere will buy it though. I'll put up a pic of the components which doesn't even include the shocks and you tell me you'd spend 3300 dollars on it. However, my main point was that the more lift s that are produced/purchased, the cheaper they'll get.

Nope. Not kidding. Perhaps my comment deserves some qualification. Based on my admittedly limited knowledge of production suspension lifts, any drop bracket lift is going to increase body clearance and allow for longer travel springs. But, that drop bracket decreases ground clearance compared to a long travel setup. Check out the June issue of Petersen's 4Wheel Drive & Off-Road for a good write up on this suspension. Would I spend $3300 plus all the other stuff needed? No. Would I spend 1500-2000? Probably. I don't know Tuff Country's reliability. But, I'd certainly look into it before dropping a bunch of cash.

Old 04-28-2007, 12:27 AM
Originally Posted by patshea098
the Tuff County long travel is the only true off roading lift? HAHAHAHA .....sit down man.

if you wanna say that then you may wanna re-consider what you say cause when it comes to long travel kits for our 150's the only one is the JD Fabrication. http://www.jdfabrication.com/kits/2004_f150.asp
... And they use the either the Tuff Country Kit or one almost exactly like it! See Petersen's 4Wheel - June 2007.

Oh, I am sitting down.

Old 04-28-2007, 12:28 AM
DAMN, some of ya'll take this **** to far, CHILL THE HELL OUT! Act like a bunch of 5 yr olds, grow up and take another persons view on things!!!!

Last edited by FX4REACTION1; 05-02-2007 at 04:43 AM.
Old 04-28-2007, 12:52 AM
Wow.

You guys sure can bicker.
Even us streetscene guys don't catch this much crap.
Please, continue before webmaster cleans up this thread.

Old 04-28-2007, 12:54 AM
Originally Posted by flareside4life
You guys sure can bicker.
Even us streetscene guys don't catch this much crap.
Please, continue before webmaster cleans up this thread.

They're kids. They don't know any better...

Old 04-28-2007, 01:01 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I bet a week ban is put down for a few people because a few people didn't bother to read the forum rules.

Old 04-28-2007, 01:20 AM
JD Fabrication doesnt use the Tuff Country kit.....look close.....the UCAs are alot different as are the LCA if you look close. on top of that the JD Fabricaiton kit was released far before the Tuff Country kit so if anything the Tuff Country is based on the JD Fab kit.

JD Fab is alot better quality. Tuff Country isnt that respected of a suspension company when compared ot fabtech and everyone else.

but i can see where your confused....i mean the "similarities" you see are the shapes and angles....i mean they only have to be correct to properly fit the geomtery of the truck and for it to function and travel properly

Last edited by patshea098; 04-28-2007 at 01:31 AM.
Old 04-28-2007, 01:21 AM
Suspended
Seems like a lot of people have opinions like buttholes and they think their's doesn't stink. . but sorry it does!

Old 04-28-2007, 01:58 AM
Originally Posted by patshea098
JD Fabrication doesnt use the Tuff Country kit.....look close.....the UCAs are alot different as are the LCA if you look close. on top of that the JD Fabricaiton kit was released far before the Tuff Country kit so if anything the Tuff Country is based on the JD Fab kit.

JD Fab is alot better quality. Tuff Country isnt that respected of a suspension company when compared ot fabtech and everyone else.

but i can see where your confused....i mean the "similarities" you see are the shapes and angles....i mean they only have to be correct to properly fit the geomtery of the truck and for it to function and travel properly
Fair enough. My original point was that by discouraging folks from buying lifts we decrease the overall sales, which prevents retail price decreases due to the lack of increased production of lifts. In other words, the fewer kits sold, the higher the retail price.

I only used the Tuff Country LT Kit because I just read the article in 4Wheel. They had JD Fab install the Tuff Country kit and said "the ride was unbelievable." I've been reading 4Wheel for a long time and they usually don't talk up products they don't like. I really don't know anything about Tuff Country's quality. But, I'll take your word for it. The article made no mention of JD Fab having their own kit. I wonder why 4Wheel would have JD in stall a Tuff Country instead of their in-house kit.

Old 04-28-2007, 04:18 AM
Originally Posted by Vapor_Trails
They're kids. They don't know any better...
Vapor your so ignorant, Just because I defend myself from peoples stupid remarks concerning my opinion you automatically think I'm a kid before you make accusation's be 100% sure.

Old 04-28-2007, 07:46 AM
Originally Posted by FX4REACTION1
Poser? Your a ****ing Dumass!! You have no idea who I am or what I do dip****!

DAMN, some of ya'll take this **** to far, CHILL THE HELL OUT! Act like a bunch of 5 yr olds, grow up and take another persons view on things!!!!
WHAT?! I was talking to nooq not you. did you even read my post?!

Given your post here I wonder if I was just wasting my time...

Old 04-28-2007, 08:54 AM
Why the constant attacking each other's trucks? So what some of us have lifted 2WD drives and some seem to think lifting a 2WD is a waste of money. Is lifting a 4WD up 8", 10", 12" or even more and then never taking it offroad or taking it offroad and breaking stuff any better use of money simply because it's a 4WD? For me I knew I would never take a $30K vehicle purposely offroading so why spend the extra $4k to buy it.

I think spending thousands of dollars on aftermarket subs, amps, headrest dvd players and other various stereo equipment to put in these trucks is a waste of money, but hey it's not my money and if that's your cup of tea then have at it.

I think every truck that I have seen lifted (and even some lowered ones) on this site looks badass and I would love to have parked in my driveway. I think all the lifted 2WD's on this site look just as good as the lifted 4WD's. The functunality may be less in a 2WD vs. a 4WD, but not everyone gets their trucks lifted to improve offroad capabilities and that goes for alot of you lifted 4WD owners.

Quick Reply: Pics of Full Throttle 12-inch Lifts? Anybody?