Wheel spacers

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 11:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wheel spacers

i want to get my tires sticking out a little further then they do so i went searching online but only found spacers for the back wheels. Are there spacers for front wheels too and what is a good price to get em for
Thanx

Old 04-05-2007, 11:41 PM
Originally Posted by yellow150
i want to get my tires sticking out a little further then they do so i went searching online but only found spacers for the back wheels. Are there spacers for front wheels too and what is a good price to get em for
Thanx
wheel spacers arent the way to go. get a wheel 10"s wide with 4.5" of backspacing, that will do the trick. depending on your suspension setup, you may need to get a lift to clear larger tires.

Old 04-06-2007, 12:27 AM
I agree spacers are crap. 10's with 4.5" of backspace are going to bring your tires out quite a bit, it might look funny without a lift.

Old 04-06-2007, 12:28 AM
yes i agree wheel spacers cause problems

In general a wheel spacer will tend to put a little more stress on ball joints and wheel bearings

Factory hubs/wheels are designed to make the stresses on the bearings as small as possible.

If your vehicle is new, will the spacers void your warranty? They probably will...

Old 04-06-2007, 01:34 PM
ya i have a 6" lift wit 35's but u guys say spacers arent a good idea?

Old 04-06-2007, 02:23 PM
Spacers can be OK, under certain conditions - if you have a wheel with too much offset and are moving the wheel out to a near stock offset, it about the only really OK place to use them. They don't really increase the strain on parts themselves, but if you push the wheel outward beyond stock offset position, just like a wheel with too little offset, the strain is increased.

Probable reason none are listed for a front application? The additional strain placed on everything by the steering would over stress the spacer itself. Back spacers would be under a lot less strain and some lift kits push the front wheel track outward - so the rear spacer helps even things out.

Quick Reply: Wheel spacers