Rough Country

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 08:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rough Country

I was wondering if anybody has installed (or knows anything about) a Rough Country 4-5 inch suspension lift on their 97-03 F150. I have connections that can get me this kit for under $1200 and I just want to know if there are any major reasons why I shouldn't.

Old 02-09-2007, 09:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
stay away from rough country products
lifts are one of thise things where you get what you pay for

look into the rancho lift
if you want a 5-6" look into the fabtech & rcd lifts

personally out of those i think the rcd is the best & its the only to come with bilsteins

Old 02-10-2007, 02:09 AM
I appreciate your input, but I want to know exactly why I should stay away from Rough Country products. I installed a Rough Country 6" lift on a buddy's F250 and he has had no problems so far. It's just that I'm 19 and don't make a whole lot of money so saving $600 on a lift would really be a good thing for me. I need a reason why I should stay away from Rough Country.

Old 02-10-2007, 09:25 AM
Originally Posted by jiggle
I appreciate your input, but I want to know exactly why I should stay away from Rough Country products. I installed a Rough Country 6" lift on a buddy's F250 and he has had no problems so far. It's just that I'm 19 and don't make a whole lot of money so saving $600 on a lift would really be a good thing for me. I need a reason why I should stay away from Rough Country.
u have a ifs suspension it is a lot different that a solid front axle the f 250 have. yours involves a lot more parts if u want to go on the cheaper side get see if procomp makes a lift for you. still better then rough country

Old 02-10-2007, 02:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by allrsdup
u have a ifs suspension it is a lot different that a solid front axle the f 250 have. yours involves a lot more parts if u want to go on the cheaper side get see if procomp makes a lift for you. still better then rough country
procomp makes a 4" but theyre not far from the quality of the rough country systems.

the rough country systems are made of cheap materials. theres occasionally parts missing.
thats just a few reasons
like i said you can get the fabtech or rcd for a couple hundred dollars more

Last edited by sean_somer; 02-10-2007 at 02:36 PM.

Quick Reply: Rough Country