Rancho Lift...

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 02:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Rancho Lift...

I am looking at the Rancho 4" lift kits and was wondering if it would be better to get the lift kit or the lift system that comes with new rear leaf springs. Please let me know what you experiences have been with both if any... Thanks...

Old 01-15-2007, 02:17 PM
well the new leaf springs will lessen the body roll and give u more payload capabilties but look into the 6in system as well run about the same and normaly have better cv joint angles makes it easier on ur lifted truck

Old 01-15-2007, 02:35 PM
thanks Duffman. I don't really know if i would wanna go 6" tho. When i am driving home from school it is about 300 miles and I know that my gas mileage is already gonna go down, but how much more will the 6" deplete it if anymore?

Old 01-15-2007, 05:07 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Most people go with the kit just to keep price down.

Old 01-15-2007, 05:44 PM
Originally Posted by EPFD#34
I am looking at the Rancho 4" lift kits and was wondering if it would be better to get the lift kit or the lift system that comes with new rear leaf springs. Please let me know what you experiences have been with both if any... Thanks...
I installed the Rancho 4" and could not be happier with it. I do not think there is much body roll with the lift at least no more then stock. The add a leaf really makes the rear end stiff and unless you are pulling a good size trailer all the time or big loads there is no need for it. Now, I do pull a small enclosed trailer and it does squat a little but not enough to worry about or sacrafice ride quality with an extra leaf. One product I have looked into are helper springs; they do not stiffen up the rear end but are there when you need them. The brand I am looking at also lessens any body roll that might be there and they are adjustable.

Drive angles, the lift did NOT put the driveline out of whack. That is the one reason I did go with this lift over a spacer or cheaper solutions. At any rate, there are a few members that have installed the Rancho 4" recently and hopefully they will chime in too! Have a look in my gallery for pics.

Old 01-16-2007, 12:32 AM
NO increased cv angles or body roll at all with Rancho 4" (cv's identical to stock angles) With just the "lift kit" as opposed to system it will retain factory ride, weight capacities etc. If you dont need any extra capacity with regards to weight or towing I would go with just the kit. The Rancho is a fantastic kit, works perfectly with 35's and rides like the day I bought it. The pic is obviously on an angle but front and rear measure exactly the same...dead level.

Old 01-16-2007, 06:59 AM
Originally Posted by EPFD#34
thanks Duffman. I don't really know if i would wanna go 6" tho. When i am driving home from school it is about 300 miles and I know that my gas mileage is already gonna go down, but how much more will the 6" deplete it if anymore?

well the lift dont really afect this its more of your tire choice

Quick Reply: Rancho Lift...