Autospring?........

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 02:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Autospring?........

Hey everybody, i'm new to this site and already I love the forums and info, I recently parted with my Z71 and bought an 04' FX4 SCAB. I love it!!! I just found this site last night and gratz to the webmaster on a job well done. Its nice to see other people with as much love for their trucks as I have for mine. As i said I just bought my truck and i'm looking to start spending on it. I have been reading about this Autospring product for the front end and I really am interested about the product, but am a little hesitant to purchase(seeing as how I just bought my truck and i'm still in the "babying it stage"). I have been reading all I can in the forums about it, but i was just wondering if anyone who has it installed could give me some feedback on how they like the ride, the installation and so on. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks again........

Mods: Case Logic- 12 disc cd holder
Minnesota Vikings license plate
Empty bottle of water..........

p.s. As you can see I really need to get some real mods........

Old 01-09-2007, 07:39 AM

Welcome to the site. If you use the search feature, you will find more than enough information on all types of leveling kits, specifically Autospring. I went with a AS 2.5" right after I bought my FX4. I say go for it! You'll love the look.

Old 01-09-2007, 04:35 PM
Awesome, thanks alot....

Old 01-09-2007, 04:49 PM
Installation is fairly easy if you are the least bit mechanically inclined, just takes a couple of hours. As far as ride goes, your truck will ride the same as it does now, it doesnt affect it in any way. Something to think about though before you do it, the AS kit puts some excessive angles on the ball joints so you should expect some premature wear on them. As for how premature, who knows, it will probably depend on how you drive your truck. If you do a lot of Off Roading they may wear quicker than someone who keeps it on the street. Like was mentioned in the post above do a searche on here and you will find all the info you need to decide if thats the route you want to go.

Old 01-09-2007, 07:10 PM
Originally Posted by hivoltagefx4
Welcome to the site. If you use the search feature, you will find more than enough information on all types of leveling kits, specifically Autospring. I went with a AS 2.5" right after I bought my FX4. I say go for it! You'll love the look.
Word.

Old 01-11-2007, 03:11 AM
Technical Article Contributor

I also have the 2.5" AS, go for it cause you will love it. installation is a breeze, took me maybe 2 hours for both sides. ride quality is still as good as factory imo.

Old 01-11-2007, 10:34 PM
Is the autosprings spacer you guys use the off set design? I've seen the regular and the offset design which one is better?

Trending Topics

Old 01-11-2007, 10:41 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The offset design is better.

Old 01-11-2007, 11:18 PM
Thanks Wandell, check out these two links, each of them bash each other's design, I just want to make sure before I commit.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...1734411&rd=1,1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...9750&rd=1&rd=1

Old 01-12-2007, 12:22 AM
Technical Article Contributor

The second one is the autospring that everyone else has. idk about the first one i have never heard of ncd customs but apparently they dont do the offset design.

I beleive numero dos is what you are looking for

Quick Reply: Autospring?........