Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 01:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question rancho vs superlift vs rcd

These lift kits are all in the same lift range

Rancho ( www.gorancho.com ) is a 4” lift kit

Superlift ( www.superlift.com ) is a 4.5” lift kit

RCD (www.racecardynamics.com ) is a 4.5” or 6” lift kit

I’m trying to do some research on these 3 to see which of the 3 kits is the strongest and best kit; and was looking for and technical information or experience from people with the kit and or people who already researched these kits.

Looking for both positive and negatives of each kit, and any other kit in this lift range

Lift going on a 2005 f150 fx4 supercrew. Planning on 17" rims with 35" BFG TA/KO.

reason for lift includes offroading, plow-truck doesn't come by my housefor any amount of snow, live in the mountains of colorado

Thanks in advance

Old 11-03-2006, 01:49 PM
there are a couple people on here that have the rancho, and the Superlift, i dont know of anyone who has the RCD but hey are all very nice kits! so u cant really go wrong with any of them. im sure some of the guys who have these kits will chime in soon

Old 11-03-2006, 02:05 PM
I have a 6" Fabtech on my 1997 F150 and absolutely love it! It is one of the better built systems as far as I am concerned. Maybe more expensive than others but worth it if you really are off road. I checked into all of the lifts you mentioned before buying the Fabtech. The 6" will allow easy fitment of the 17" rims with 35" tires. I have 35's on mine with 16" rims.

Old 11-03-2006, 02:17 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm sure they are all quality kits. I've heard nothing but good reviews on all of them. Personally, I think the RCD lift may be a little better quality.

Old 11-03-2006, 02:44 PM
Originally Posted by wandell
I'm sure they are all quality kits. I've heard nothing but good reviews on all of them. Personally, I think the RCD lift may be a little better quality.
Agreed. I know a guy that has a 03' screw with the RCD looks awesome and he drives it hard as hell. Also know some guys with Chevy's with RCD's and its the same story there so i would recommend RCD but i'm sure all are good. Beer time

Old 11-03-2006, 02:55 PM
rcd FTW!

Old 11-03-2006, 03:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
rcd also comes with WAY better shocks than the other brands
I cant remember but im pretty sure theyre the only brand lifts that include Billstein shocks

Trending Topics

Old 11-03-2006, 11:07 PM
Suspended
RCD hands down!

Old 11-08-2006, 09:36 AM
Question

Thanks for the responses

Are all these kits the same type of lift, or does one do something relatively different from the rest of them

Old 11-08-2006, 11:16 AM
Originally Posted by the goat
Thanks for the responses

Are all these kits the same type of lift, or does one do something relatively different from the rest of them
I can only speak of the SuperLift 4.5" Frame Integrated Technology(FIT). This kit is a total bolt-on system. The instructions are concise and the kit is very robust. My son and I installed the suspension lift in 8 hours over a two day period. My system also had the 1.5" rear add-a-leaf. This kit comes with an integrated skid plate. I recommend that you visit Superlifts web site(Superlift.com) and view the short video relating to this kit. It shows components and installation. I have over 8K miles on my kit now with NO problems. My truck retained a very nice smooth ride. I would recommend this system to any one that does not need the 6-8" lift kits. I am running 35" x 13.5" tires. due to my tire width I did trim a small portion of the front valance to prevent rubbing when steering turn full L or R.

The only thing requiring a machine shop intervention is the recommended re-clocking of the front drive shaft. I did the modification as stated in the instructions. Then took the front drive shaft to a drive line shop for balancing and re-booting cost was $15.00 dollars.

I do think any of the suspension kits you are researching are tried and proven kits. From my research if you can afford any of the kits I would purchase the RCD. Why? because of the shock package only.

Also right know 4wheelparts.com has a special on the superlift kit. I think you get upgrade shocks and a "extra" accessory as well. I think there are like three choices of dress up items(ie. skidplate or rear differential skid ring or side cross member stainless dress up) Good luck in your selection...

Check out my gallery for additional photo's of my truck...Bob

Last edited by BlueOval Breath; 11-08-2006 at 11:20 AM.
Old 11-08-2006, 12:15 PM
I have heard that the rancho 4in really measures up to 5.5in. Is this true? I heard it makes the truck .5in shorter than the fabtech. What are rancho's angles like? I have heard that there is nothing wrong with adding a 1.5in or 2in spacer with the rancho. Is this true?

Old 11-10-2006, 09:55 AM
Originally Posted by kalebarellano
I have heard that the rancho 4in really measures up to 5.5in. Is this true? I heard it makes the truck .5in shorter than the fabtech. What are rancho's angles like? I have heard that there is nothing wrong with adding a 1.5in or 2in spacer with the rancho. Is this true?

I talked to Rancho and they assured me that the lift kit was a true 4" lift nothing more nothing less

I'm hoping someone with a rancho kit can answer that second and third question for you. What I do know is rancho is the only one that will allow you to run a 6" backspacing (stock tires). Both the other lift have less backspacing as their max.

Old 11-10-2006, 10:20 AM
Originally Posted by the goat
What I do know is rancho is the only one that will allow you to run a 6" backspacing (stock tires). Both the other lift have less backspacing as their max.
NOT TRUE! I had to install the stock rims and tires to take my truck back to the dealership. My aftermarket wheels/tires were to wide for their ramp lift system. The dealership is over 70 miles one-way from my home. The stock tires and wheels fit fine. NO Rubbing anywhere. Where did you get your information from? experience or hear say? any photos? I am curious to see what you are talking about... please post some pictures.

Hey GOAT... post some pictures of your truck. I sure would like to see that monster. BoB

Old 11-10-2006, 11:18 AM
Suspended
Don't stock wheels only have 5-1/2" of backspacing?

Old 11-10-2006, 01:29 PM
Originally Posted by BlueOval Breath
NOT TRUE! I had to install the stock rims and tires to take my truck back to the dealership. My aftermarket wheels/tires were to wide for their ramp lift system. The dealership is over 70 miles one-way from my home. The stock tires and wheels fit fine. NO Rubbing anywhere. Where did you get your information from? experience or hear say? any photos? I am curious to see what you are talking about... please post some pictures.

Hey GOAT... post some pictures of your truck. I sure would like to see that monster. BoB
From Superlift installation manual 17x8" rim 5" backspacing preferred (5.25" max)

From Rancho's installation instruction Note "M" on page 2 "developed using following wheel: 18x9 wheel with 6" of wheel backspacing

Off course no experience with it yet since I’m still looking for lift kit. My truck is no monster. Right now your's is more monsturuse then mine

also; something intresting regarding wheels and tires specs check out this site http://www.wheelsforless.com/Ford/default.htm

Last edited by the goat; 11-10-2006 at 01:51 PM.

Quick Reply: rancho vs superlift vs rcd