New guy here saying hi asking some questions...

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2006, 07:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New guy here saying hi asking some questions...

First off I would like to say hi and that a lot of you guys on here have very nice trucks. I bought an 06 F-150 XLT 2wd so I can tow my bikes to the track and back. I would like to raise it a little just for appearence I never do any offroading or anthing with it. I have lurked and searched the site for weeks reading what people bought, why they bought it, how the lift looks etc. I just wanted to ask a few questions and if they have been beaten up already just let me know and I'll try to search the forum for the answer.

I want to do a 6" lift, I never offroad, just tow a trailer a couple times a month so what is the best kit for me? Where can I purchase it? Where do I have them installed? Do you install them myself? Anything else you think I should know. I do not need the best just something that gets the job done.

What do levelers do exactly and do I need them when I lift? I know they level out the truck but is there any other purpose? drastic change?

Thanks guys for your help and you guys have a great site here with what seems like awesome members!

J

Old 10-22-2006, 08:16 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome to the site!! I'd suggest the 6 inch Fabtech or Pro Comp lift. I would shop around online for prices on these kits at 4Wheel Parts, National Tire and Wheel, etc. and then compare them to your local shops. Most lifts are designed to level the truck. In other words, most 6 inch lifts will lift the front 6 inches and the rear 4 inches. All leveling kits for your truck are basically spacers that raise the front suspension about 2 inches. You won't need one with a lift kit. Also, not being a smart a$&, but if you ask if you are able to install a full suspension lift at home, that's a good indicator that you won't be able to handle the job. Once again, welcome to the site!

Old 10-22-2006, 08:44 PM
i agree with wandell

Old 10-22-2006, 08:50 PM
Originally Posted by wandell
Welcome to the site!! I'd suggest the 6 inch Fabtech or Pro Comp lift. I would shop around online for prices on these kits at 4Wheel Parts, National Tire and Wheel, etc. and then compare them to your local shops. Most lifts are designed to level the truck. In other words, most 6 inch lifts will lift the front 6 inches and the rear 4 inches. All leveling kits for your truck are basically spacers that raise the front suspension about 2 inches. You won't need one with a lift kit. Also, not being a smart a$&, but if you ask if you are able to install a full suspension lift at home, that's a good indicator that you won't be able to handle the job. Once again, welcome to the site!
Thanks for all the help. I found a Pro Comp 6" lift kit with everything I need for $1,200 new, best I could find right now. I have done a lot of mechanical work on my cars but I have never lifted a truck. I wsn't sure if it was simple or not. I have removed engines, replaced engines, changed clutches etc etc etc. Just never tried a suspecsion lift before

Thanks for the help!

Old 10-22-2006, 11:35 PM
Mr Roo

Welcome

Mike

Quick Reply: New guy here saying hi asking some questions...