6 inch leaf spring vs. 8 inch leaf???

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 05:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
6 inch leaf spring vs. 8 inch leaf???

I will be lifting my 2006 F-150 screw using the Rize 8 inch lift kit. I intended to use a 8 inch add-a leaf for the rear but the guy at the shop recommeded going with a 6 inch leaf and block beause it will be a smoother ride, he said. He indicated that by going with the 8 inch leaf and no block the rear will be too stiff and bed will be bouncing. What do you guys thinck?? I will be going with the Fox with rez in the rear.

Thanks

Old 09-25-2006, 06:18 PM
the guy is right. its not an add a leaf u are getting it is a whole new spring pack and the bigger the arch the stiffer it is, no add a leaf will give u 6-8" i assume u want to keep the factory stance and that is why u are lifting the rear 8" as well. u could just lift the rear 6" and it will sit level. u could also just use the 5" block the kit comes with along with an add a leaf for 2 more inches. that way will be cheaper for u.

Old 09-25-2006, 07:31 PM
What all do you plan on using your truck for? If its a highway ride w/ some moderate offraod I would do as stated above and get the 5" block and 2" Add a leaf.

Old 09-25-2006, 08:14 PM
Suspended
I forgot to add that either one of those set-ups will probally put the back higher than the front. I've got the 5" block plus the Deaver add-a-leaf which is probally 1-2" of lift and it sits perfectly.

Old 09-25-2006, 09:08 PM
Originally Posted by allrsdup
the guy is right. its not an add a leaf u are getting it is a whole new spring pack and the bigger the arch the stiffer it is, no add a leaf will give u 6-8" i assume u want to keep the factory stance and that is why u are lifting the rear 8" as well. u could just lift the rear 6" and it will sit level. u could also just use the 5" block the kit comes with along with an add a leaf for 2 more inches. that way will be cheaper for u.

OK...things make sence now. I definitely don't want the back higher than the front and do not want a stiff ride. I just assumed that a new spring pack would be better than the block for the ride. But since I probably will not do any real offroading and mainly use the truck for highway, I guess I can just do the block and add-a-leaf.

Old 09-28-2006, 11:27 PM
Does anybody know what size block CST uses? I need to clear my 37x13.5's. If you need an add-a-leaf in the rear then is the 8" of lift only in the front and it's raked front higher?

Old 09-29-2006, 09:14 AM
Originally Posted by GoRacer
Does anybody know what size block CST uses? I need to clear my 37x13.5's. If you need an add-a-leaf in the rear then is the 8" of lift only in the front and it's raked front higher?
i think 4" u will need an add a leaf along with whatever block they give u with there kit. cst kits are all higher in the front then the back.

Trending Topics

Old 09-29-2006, 09:21 PM
^ I allready have procomp 1.5" add-a-leaf (& 7" procomp lift kit) and most likely the procomp block is 4" as well, so then only Rize has a taller block I could use in comintaion with a level kit to gain 1" for a total of 8" lift. I love the Rize kit but there's no way I am going to swap out my procomp and replace it with RIze 8", that's way too much of a loss for a 1" gain. The only thing that worries me (doing level kit + block) is I was told I would prematurely wear out the crankshaft and/or CV joints and tires because of the increas in angle and stress. - Trooks2001?

My other choice is a body lift and apparently for the F150 there is only one size (3"). That would give me a total of 10" of lift with 37x13.5" tires. Are there towing issues with a body lift? I was told the hitch has to be connected to the frame. I think mine is but will have to check. AM I going to loose yet another 2mpg with another 3" of lift?

Last edited by GoRacer; 09-29-2006 at 09:28 PM.
Old 09-30-2006, 12:01 AM
i thought u wer looking into the cst lift and thats y u asked about it above, anyway i dont think 3" bodylift alone will make u lose another 2mpg. maybe lager heavier tires would effect it however.

Quick Reply: 6 inch leaf spring vs. 8 inch leaf???