2/4 drop for 2005 Supercrew 2WD

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 04:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2/4 drop for 2005 Supercrew 2WD

I want to keep the smooth ride and towing capacity of my ride. Want to drop it 2" in the front and 4" in the rear. I dont know if I should go with a kit that has leaf springs in the rear or should I go with rear shock's and and flip kit. I was really looking into the Eibach lowering kit that came with coils in the front and leaf springs in the rear for a litle over $400. Another $300 for the install and wheel alignment. Other kits I have seen for my truck were the Doetsch kit and McGaugys kit for about the same price but these use shocks in the rear. Is it better to go with the leaf springs or the shocks/ flip kit. If so what would be the difference in feel of the ride for the 2. Thanks for all your help. If someone has a 05 F-150 slammed with 22's please send pic's.

Old 09-26-2006, 12:26 AM
I'd check into rear shackles first, you might be able to get 3'' or 4'' in the rear on a '05 with that alone. Shackles = $40 to $80 a pair (plus $90 to install) Then the front springs about $100 a pair (plus $150 to install) Then four new shocks right for the new ride height ($25 to $50 each) Then alignment $40. You're looking at $500-650.

I don't know about doing a flip kit on an F150 but most I've seen for Chevys are for a 5'' to 6'' rear drop and sometimes also require the frame to be C-notched.

I was going to drop my '98 2/4 but just wound up dropping the rear about 2'' with shackles and put on my 20's and it looked OK so I called it good enough.

Old 09-26-2006, 02:59 AM
Originally Posted by N.Y.Coqui
I want to keep the smooth ride and towing capacity of my ride. Want to drop it 2" in the front and 4" in the rear. I dont know if I should go with a kit that has leaf springs in the rear or should I go with rear shock's and and flip kit. I was really looking into the Eibach lowering kit that came with coils in the front and leaf springs in the rear for a litle over $400. Another $300 for the install and wheel alignment. Other kits I have seen for my truck were the Doetsch kit and McGaugys kit for about the same price but these use shocks in the rear. Is it better to go with the leaf springs or the shocks/ flip kit. If so what would be the difference in feel of the ride for the 2. Thanks for all your help. If someone has a 05 F-150 slammed with 22's please send pic's.
You might have to create your own suspension to fit your needs to have the best of all worlds.

New leafs and shocks in the rear cant be beat.
2" springs in the front will work fine.

I have pix in my gallery of my past 2/5 suspension and I towed my toy hauler with NO problems

Last edited by anaheim_drew; 09-26-2006 at 06:36 PM.
Old 09-26-2006, 09:23 AM
Thanks for the heads up

I am still weary about dropping the truck. Dont want to spend all that money and then not be satisfied with the results. I am gonna wait to see if I could get more feedback from a few more F-150ers. Thanks for the 2 responses.

Old 09-26-2006, 04:26 PM
N.Y.Coqui, I have the Eibach kit myself (can remember if it's the 2/3 or 2/4) but it came with new leafs for the rear. In addition I also have there pro-damper kit too.

It rides really nice even for having 24's and towning a 23' sport boat. Sorry, I don't have any pics right now but I don't have any issues with mine.

Just my .02

Old 09-27-2006, 11:27 AM
Hey Quickerthanu,
If you could please post some pictures of your truck I would really appreciate it. Also please let me know where and how much you got you Eibach kit for. So glad to hear from someone who has this kit because I really was looking into this one because of Eibach's reputation. Is your truck 2WD?

Old 09-29-2006, 10:05 AM
Sorry but I don't have any pictures of the truck yet. If I ever get around to remembering I'll try and get them posted up.

As far as where I got the kit was from *** Import where I got the 2/4 lowering kit, dampener kit, and front end alignment kit(i.e. cam bolts). They were the cheapest place I could find and it was like $840 shipped. NOTE: You will need to go to Eibach's website to get the part #'s then call and place the order with them.

Truck handles great and yep it's a 4x2.

Trending Topics

Old 09-29-2006, 12:49 PM
Hey thanks for the response and dont forget me when you get some pic's. I found the 2/4 kit @ Autoanything for about $418 w/free shipping (price match). A local truck shop will install it for $260 plus tax w/wheel alignment. The only thig is that I dont have the money for the pro damper kit. I think I will be able to use the stock shocks. I just hope I am satisfied with the ride as much as you are. Thanks again for your help Quickerthanu!

Quick Reply: 2/4 drop for 2005 Supercrew 2WD