Pro Comp Sus lift

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 10:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pro Comp Sus lift

how does everyone feel about a "pro comp" 6" suspension lift... ive heard some good but more bad about this lift... anyone with any opinions on this lift??

Old 09-16-2006, 11:03 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't think there is anything wrong with the Pro Comp lift. I think it's a good product. However, some say the Fabtech, Rancho and RCD lifts are a little higher quality.

Old 09-16-2006, 11:37 PM
i agree with wandell the other brands are probally better quality and also if looks mater to u the crossmembers look better on the other brands like rancho and fabtech as well.

Old 09-17-2006, 03:50 PM
I was looking at a 6 inch lift as well. I decided on a fabtech when i finnaly decided to get it because people on this forum have seemed to like fabtech more.

Old 09-19-2006, 12:09 AM
Ive got a 6 pro comp stage 1 lift on my truck had it for about a month now, i love it the ride is great, and i dont feel that there is anything poor about the quality of the crossmember or any other part of the lift, but i do say if you have the money spring for the coilover, plus pro comp is one of the only lifts that dont increase track width in the front... overall i give pro comp a 10 especially for the price

Old 09-19-2006, 01:29 AM
People say Rancho is better? ReallY? wow! I heard their shocks were made from Monroe and thus a lower quality in comparison to Pro Comp. I guess I can't say much for a the actual lift kit/parts. Seems many on th board prefer Rize or Fabtech.

Old 09-19-2006, 04:56 AM
the biggest problems i have learned about the 6inch and up lifts is that the fornt cv joints are not spaced properly... 4in lift do not have this prob and thats y more people go that route... now fabtechlift kits includes a cv joint spacer that corrects this problem but as far as i know i believe there the only ones... i know for sure that the skyjacker lift does not include this part... the one peace front crossmember is a better lift... stronger and makes less noise however much harder to install because your IFS is under alot of stress and both factory crossmembers must be removed... it requires a more skilled installer to do this work now you still can do it but it will take more time and a few more beers. now most pro comp kits include rear add a leaf springs which allow for better handleing, allow for more payload and prevent body roll skyjacker also provides kits that have rear lift spring which are even better lift blocks dont help your truck at all they just lift

hope this helps,
Redneck Leather Neck

Last edited by Duffman0286; 09-19-2006 at 05:01 AM.

Trending Topics

Old 09-29-2006, 01:08 PM
That's good input.

Quick Reply: Pro Comp Sus lift