clicking in the front while turning?????

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 10:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clicking in the front while turning?????

A couple of months ago, I started hearing this clicking sound in the front end whenever I make sharp turns in parking lots, driveway, etc.

I'm thinking that it's a CV joint, but not real sure...Is something like this covered under warranty?

Old 07-14-2006, 11:25 AM
sounds like a cv joint, but in the new f150's the front axles dont move unless u have it in 4wd wich makes it strange. but it should be covered under warenty

Old 07-14-2006, 12:14 PM
I'd have the dealer look into it for sure, use the warranty now because unless you are loved by them, your screwed after time/mileage is up. I've been lucky, had a story all set and they said ya ok whatever, it's covered, no worries. Even when the rad went, 30 k after warranty, I said WTF, and another dealer said if I was a costumer of theirs, it most likely covered (dealer/ costumer loyalty). Hope you can figure it out and soon in case it's a major deal. If it only happens sometimes and once during the turn instead of rotation of tires, check the tie rods. Mine did this, a small snap, turned out to be the driver outer tie rod, knew this because it snapped months later while driving

Old 07-14-2006, 12:50 PM
Technical Article Contributor

I have the same problem, i thought it was just a squeeky front end or something. .Ive taken mine to the dealer several times for this and the brakes and everytime they tell me there isnt anything wrong with it?? i guess ill just have to wait till it breaks or becomes a major problem?

Old 07-21-2006, 03:59 PM
Jack up one of your front tires and wiggle it back and forth to see if there is any play in the tie-rod ends. Both of my tie-rods are bad on my 2004 Fx4 with 25,000 miles. Dealer has it right now. I'll let you know how it goes.

Edit: Ha! Dealer called about 10 minutes after my first post. The tie-rod ends are being replaced under warranty.

Last edited by minus_13; 07-21-2006 at 04:42 PM.

Quick Reply: clicking in the front while turning?????