Aluminum, steel or poly front levelers ???

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 12:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aluminum, steel or poly front levelers ???

These are the three types of levelers being sold on the market. I would like to know why people are choosing one type over the other.

My perceptions if you care to know......

After prolonger use, I can see the poly just wearing down and being crushed by the day to day use. It may not happen overnight but it will happen. Similiar to micrcellular technology, when the weather is cold they are hard, when ho it tends to soften up.

Steel- cheapest method of manufacture. Steel can also rust, especially in the location of the levelers. Their construction is also very imprecise, using jigs to set it up. Paint, even though they are being powder coated is not enough protection from the salt and elements. 1/4" steel plates can easily be bent and I have done so many times. This can be made from a $3,000 plasma cutter and a $5,000 computer controlled cutting table. Or you could just send it to get the circles and holes punched from 1/4" steel plate.

Aluminum - This is being made from a solid block of aluminum and must be cut on a CNC machine a very precise pece of equipment. Will never rust. Definately not the cheapest way of manufacturing. CNC machines start at about 1/4 of a million dollars.

Quick Reply: Aluminum, steel or poly front levelers ???