looking for a definative answer....

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2006, 11:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looking for a definative answer....

Please no profound replies like "do a search" because I have and questions seem to not be answered directly. So here are my questions, I have a 2006 5.4 4x4 Screw;

1) If only using 4WD during the winter (when necessary) am I going to destroy my CV joints by using a 2" leveling kit due to driveline angles?
2) Am I going to cause damage to the rack and pinion if I use a leveling kit due to the angles?
3) If I dont tear my ball joint boots when installing a 2" leveling kit, will I be preventing excessive damge? (i've read what seems to be pretty common about boots being torn during installs, I can only assume due to using a pickle fork to remove ball joints)

To give you an idea I just sold a Jeep Cherokee XJ that had a 10" Skyjacker lift (8" lift w/2" blocks) and 37" tires. I went through all the nonsense of premature part failures etc. and just bought an 2006 XLT 4x4 Screw and dont want all the nonsense again. I plan on keeping this one a while and if i'm going to cause *EXCESSIVE* wear and tear on the sterring or CV's I dont see the point and i'll leave the stock setup. I'm done wheeling and only use 4WD for New England winters (maybe 150 miles a season) So I need a little help. Kids and a new home keeping me from going nuts with it but dont want to ruin the truck in the process. Thanks Guys.

Old 04-01-2006, 12:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dont thik u will have a problem.

Quick Reply: looking for a definative answer....