Anyone need me to rake their lawn?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2006, 03:20 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
Talking Anyone need me to rake their lawn?

Well i got halfway through the dropping progress on my truck. I did two inch eibach springs around the stock lightning bilstiens.
Rear will be getting a 4 inch eibach hanger, and maybe some lightning shackles if its not level.
PICS:

Looks like someone is slamming on the brakes from full speed

Bow to your master...

Old 02-03-2006, 03:23 PM
Global Moderator &

And right now it sits level in my driveway in back...

Ill will put up more pictures on saturday night when the rear is done.. maybe sunday if i run out of daylight.
Ive only drive like 6 miles on it but wow it feel so much smoother then stock
I just wish my headlights werent beaming into the ground...
Later,
-Patrick

Old 02-04-2006, 10:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Patrick,
On a scale of 1- 10 what was the difficulty of changing out the front springs? I have some Lightning front springs in my garage and I can't decide if I want to attempt it myself or pony up the cash to have a professional do it.

Old 02-05-2006, 02:48 AM
BOW to your sensei!

Old 02-05-2006, 03:34 AM
Global Moderator &

hmm maybe a 3-4 on a 1-10 scale

well the hardest part is having a 15/16's" deep socket and a nice breakerbar, the rest can be done with just standard wrenches and tools.
Jack the truck up get a good set of stands under it
Pull the wheels.
Decompress the spring with the nuts on the top of the shock
Unbolt the brake line from the lower control arm
Unbolt the sway bar mount
Unbolt the bottom of the shock from lower control arm
Unbolt the lower control arm from the frame, (nice to use the jack to help hold it up, and have a friend here too)
Pull coil and shocks out together
Replace coils and shocks, and work backwords in the steps

Honestly it was hard to begin with because i wasnt sure exactly what needed to get taken apart. The passenger side was first took us about 4 hours, the drivers side we did in an hour and a half counting clean up.
So plan for about 4-5 hours total and you should be alright.
If youve got more questions let me know.
-Patrick

Last edited by Patman; 02-05-2006 at 03:42 AM.
Old 02-06-2006, 12:11 PM
Thumbs up hmm maybe a 3-4 on a 1-10 scale

Thanks for the info. I am going to do it this weekend.

Old 02-07-2006, 04:06 AM
Global Moderator &

Cool if you have any questions just let me know.
I wanna see some pics when you are done on yours.
-Patrick

Trending Topics

Old 02-07-2006, 10:54 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I got alot of leaves over here in Plano, wanna come rake them for me????

Old 02-08-2006, 01:21 AM
Global Moderator &

Originally Posted by -TXF150-
I got alot of leaves over here in Plano, wanna come rake them for me????
How much we talking?
Im happy, the back end will finally come down tomorrow, i was planing on doing it last saturday but plans fell through, but tomorrow is the big day.
I will post up pics if i have time before work.
-Patrick

Old 02-09-2006, 10:35 AM
Global Moderator &

Here's the latest, it looks great but drives poorly.
https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...67#post2018667
-Patrick

Old 02-09-2006, 01:12 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Looks good. And as stated in the other post, a front end alignment and some shims in the back should have you back on the road going good. 2, 3, or 4 degree shims should get you around where you need to be. Id probably go with 3 if you can find them. 2 might not be enough.

Just curious, how difficult was it to take off the bed? Just pull out some bolts, the filer neck, disconnect some wires and get some buddies to pull it off?

Old 02-09-2006, 05:37 PM
Global Moderator &

Piece of cake

Originally Posted by Bartak1
Just curious, how difficult was it to take off the bed? Just pull out some bolts, the filer neck, disconnect some wires and get some buddies to pull it off?
Yeah the six floor bolts, and then there are some braces that need to be pulled one is just behind each wheel well, the other is just infront of each wheel well, and yea do the major disconnect and then you have to pull the liscense plate lights out of their slots b.c they are wired into the brake light harness.
And actually just two people pulled and put back the bed, it is the shortest bed ford makes but it is very light. All the outside walls are actually fiberglass if you didnt know. It comes out a little easier then goes back on b.c you are tired from doing work, and b.c you have to sit it straight down and line up all the bolts.

In 10 minutes from when i pulled up, we unloaded the new parts, pulled tailgate and bed extender and had the bed pulled. 10 Minutes.

Overall i would say like a 2 or 3 on a scale of 1-10 again hardest part is having the right torx head for the floor bolts.

EDIT: Oh and Bartak1 you should try painting your grill like i did mine it would make your truck look soo much better
Here is the write up i did on my painting
https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...46#post2004946

Later
-Patrick

Last edited by Patman; 02-09-2006 at 05:43 PM.
Old 02-09-2006, 06:34 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman03SprCrw
Yeah the six floor bolts, and then there are some braces that need to be pulled one is just behind each wheel well, the other is just infront of each wheel well, and yea do the major disconnect and then you have to pull the liscense plate lights out of their slots b.c they are wired into the brake light harness.
And actually just two people pulled and put back the bed, it is the shortest bed ford makes but it is very light. All the outside walls are actually fiberglass if you didnt know. It comes out a little easier then goes back on b.c you are tired from doing work, and b.c you have to sit it straight down and line up all the bolts.

In 10 minutes from when i pulled up, we unloaded the new parts, pulled tailgate and bed extender and had the bed pulled. 10 Minutes.

Overall i would say like a 2 or 3 on a scale of 1-10 again hardest part is having the right torx head for the floor bolts.

EDIT: Oh and Bartak1 you should try painting your grill like i did mine it would make your truck look soo much better
Here is the write up i did on my painting
https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...46#post2004946

Later
-Patrick
Awsome. Sounds like an easy job.

I actually have been thinking about painting my grille. Even more so about 2 weeks ago after I saw that write-up you did. What did you use for paint? The Krylon Fushion stuff? Ive used that on a couple things and it seems to work real nice. ................................................ Hmm, I guess after reading a little more I see you used the Duplicolor stuff. Im just worried about gravel chips-I get them all the time. Im thinking a factory black one would be a better idea, and if I want it shinier (sp, lol) I cant paint it, and if it does get chiped it wont be as noticable.........hmm. Wont be able to do anything like that for awhile though because of the whether.

Old 02-09-2006, 11:48 PM
Global Moderator &

No chips after a month or so...

Its kinda ironic that for a while i actually wanted a '99 grill like yours b.c i thought it would look good on my silver truck. Couldnt find anyone that wanted to trade or part, but then i changed my mind recently to go black.

Originally Posted by Bartak1
Awsome. Sounds like an easy job.

Im just worried about gravel chips-I get them all the time. Im thinking a factory black one would be a better idea

I actually went pretty thick on the paint, as you read i used the whole can just on the grill, and if rock chips in your grill really concerns you that much you can buy a clear gloss paint to seal it up. I did this with a friend of mine, and the gloss paint specifically for sealing on the rim paint, but im sure it will bond well to any dupicolor paint. And im sure they make other gloss paints but i have had experience with this gloss specifically.
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showth...=1#post4139501

-Patrick

Old 02-10-2006, 04:05 PM
Global Moderator &

Okay so back to my original thread topic here, I went to get it alligned today at the goodyear shop, and they said i need 80 bucks for a camber kit, i think thats fair, but then they wanted to charge me 175-200 bucks to install the kit, then another 80 to align it. putting me at close to 400 dollar invoice. Which only deals with the front alignment, and not the pinion shim angle problems i am having with the rear.
So i ordered the kit from them and i will go pick it up next week and put it in myself.
For those who dont know, the camber kit i am speaking of is just a bolt with ofset washers that allow you to change how the upper control arm is mounted to the frame. So to put in 4 bolts, good year wanted 175-200 bucks. thats just crazy talk.
Well in the mean time ill just limit my driving when i can until i get everything taken care of.
-Patrick

Latest pic of truck:

Quick Reply: Anyone need me to rake their lawn?