New Fabtech 6" and rubbing

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 06:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Fabtech 6" and rubbing

Hey all, I've got a 2005 F150 Lariat and just had a 6" Fabtech lift with the 2.5 coil overs with 35's put on and get some rubbing on the front wheel wells while going down hill in turns or turning into driveways for that matter. I was told that they didn't put it all the way up to the full 6" because that gives it a much stiffer ride. Any validity to this, should I have them take it all the way up, will this correct my rub and how much stiffer will it end up being?

I've also noticed some noise coming from the front end.....guessing it is the compressing of the front shocks.....almost sounds as if they need to be lubed. Is this normal?

Other than those few items I'm enjoying the look and the ride....I plan to get some pictures this weekend and post them for all to see.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Old 01-13-2006, 07:41 PM
how long has it been since the lift was installed? after about 500 miles take it about to where you had it installed and have em re-lub all the fittings, mine started squaking like crazy, but it was an easy grease job. the new 150's dont use torsion bars, so what is it that they didnt torque all the way up? the coil over shock? Anyways i rub when backing up and turning, and turning sharp too, mines a different truck but id say absolutly no rub is not gonna happen unless u go with a smaller tire

Old 01-14-2006, 01:33 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Do you have a 2wd or a 4x4???

Old 01-15-2006, 06:32 PM
make sure that the wheels that you used are the correct backspacing. Sounds like they may be hitting the framerail a little when the wheels are turned and the front suspension compresses. My buddy and I just put a 3 inch body lift on his 99 4x4 with 35s and have no rubbing at all. I would almost bet money that the backspacing on the wheel is a little too deep.

Quick Reply: New Fabtech 6" and rubbing