How to level 2005 FX4

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2005, 08:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to level 2005 FX4

I have a 2005 FX4 and want to lift the front so it is level with the rear. Has anyone done this? How hard and how much does it cost.

Old 08-25-2005, 10:32 AM
i have an '04 xlt 4x4 and i just put top guns customz leveling kit on last weekend. it cost 100 for the coil spacer. it isnt that hard to put on, you just have to have hand tools (wrenches, sockets, etc.) and have a basic understanding of the front suspension so that when it says unbolt the upper control arm you know where that is. you'll need the hand tools in big sizes b/c there are some big bolts. its gonna be stressful to, as your brandnew truck will be on jackstands with the front suspension in pieces. i think its worth it, my truck looks so much better...will have pics in the next couple days

Old 08-25-2005, 10:56 AM
two other brands to consider are Autospring, and Daystar they may be slightly more expensive, but are more common. whichever you decide, make sure you get a realignment done soon, as you will be off. ive got a 2.5" Autospring kit on my FX4...pics in the gallery of before and after...
Justin

Old 08-25-2005, 12:04 PM
Technical Article Contributor

I have a 2005 Supercrew 4x4. Does leveling the suspension void anything with your waranty? And is the ride quality any different? I'm interested in leveling mine.

Old 08-25-2005, 12:19 PM
Originally Posted by tardman91
I have a 2005 Supercrew 4x4. Does leveling the suspension void anything with your waranty? And is the ride quality any different? I'm interested in leveling mine.
Nope and I think it rides better than it did stock, feels much more like driving a truck. It is surprising what the 2"-2.5" lift in the front does to the truck. Much better IMO, check gallery for pics!

Old 08-25-2005, 12:24 PM
as with any mod- it goes to the moss magnuson act thing... theres plenty to read in the chips forum on that... these leveling kits are bolt on systems that go on top of your spring under the cap. ride quality is entirely the same, except you feel higher up like i said above, there are pics in my Bozeman gallery of my truck before, the spacers alone, and my truck after. definitely worth doing, regardless of waranty. (my dealer is super stringent on mods etc.... took it in to get the speedo recalibrated for my larger tires, didn't even know that the spacer was there- if you get the daystar, its more evident as its Red polyurethane.

Quick Reply: How to level 2005 FX4