98 f250 light duty suspension update

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2005, 11:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
98 f250 light duty suspension update

hey boys, dont know if u remember my old thread from last spring but anyways we were thinking about doin a front end rebuild with tougher Moog parts on our f250 light duty farm truck. it only has 43*** miles on it but those miles have been pure farm h*ll I think i said 50000 miles in that thread but i was mistaken.

Anyways we checked it out a couple months ago and everything seems to be tight yet. Really surprised me because of all the stories i have read on here of peoples tie rods and ball joints falling apart at 30k. and on just regular driver trucks!!!

Don't know why the big variation in truck quality.

Although i havent really heard anyone around here having the problems i hear about on this forum. no blown plugs and no front ends falling apart at low mileage around here. hope our luck continues.

There is some steering wheel jerk but i think it just needs new shocks bad as it has been beat to h*ll.

Dan.

Old 08-14-2005, 11:37 PM
here's a pic

here's a pic of the old warhorse

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 08-15-2005, 12:03 AM
Well, you should look at things this way: there were thousands upon thousands of these trucks built and sold. When you come on this site and others like it, most of the people join because they have a problem. So just juding by these forums can make it seem like there are lots of problems...you shouldnt expect your truck to blow a plug because a few people on the forums did, or have a tie rod fail, or whatever.

Just keep up the maintenance on it and hope for the best

Quick Reply: 98 f250 light duty suspension update