Radius arm bushings (rear) are shot on my 93

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 04:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Radius arm bushings (rear) are shot on my 93

Guys,

I've been getting a bad clunking noise and after reading the forums, ive figured it out!

Both my driver and pass side radius arm bushings are shot! Funny thing is, the only bushing that is gone is the rear one, or aft of the bracket, on both sides. The front bushings look like they are in good shape. Do you think i could just undo the nut at the rear and swap out the rear damaged bushings? That would save me HUGE money and time. Otherwise i would have to drop the whole arm or chop rivets in order to change the front and backs.

BTW, i purchased the polyurethane bushings so this (hopefully) wont happen again.

Old 07-20-2005, 07:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You could try it, but success depends on how good a condition the arm is in including the nut that's attaching it. If it's a 93, I'd be willing to bet that it's more than likely rusted and beat to crap. Those bushings are a PITA to do, so if you're going to do them yourself, might as well step up and spend a day on the weekend to get the whole thing done. Those rivots are a beehotch sometimes to but you can usually get them either with a grinder or cold chisel. Just make sure to use grade 8 nuts/bolts to reattach the arms. Also look out for the shock mounts on the arm. They have a nasty tendency of breaking off if you try to remove the shock. There are kits out there to "fix" that problem, but I have yet to see one that really works well and is safe. I use to always tell my customers that they may be into buying arms if the mounts broke off to be on the safe side.

Just my .02......

Quick Reply: Radius arm bushings (rear) are shot on my 93