Big Big Big Lift question

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2005, 07:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Big Big Big Lift question

I have a 97 f150 4x4. It already has a superlift and a body lift with add a leafs and the torsion bars cranked all the way. I am running 38's. This is as big as I can go right now. I want to go much bigger, maybe run 44's or 46's. Now I know everyone is going to say it can't be done but it can. I am a recent college grad and will be buying a smaller vehicle to commute back and forth with and want to make this truck my toy (very large toy) I am wondering if anyone knows what kind of front end to put in. I will be putting in a solid front axle with leafs on the front. I have seen this done but don't know what axle was used. If anyone could give some advice that would be great.

Old 07-09-2005, 07:59 PM
Of course it can be done, but I would think that to go that big, you are now in the area of a custom built lift. I can't recall ever seeing a lift kit that big that wasn't custom. Best to talk to companies like Fabtech or Skyjacker, and see what they can do for you.

Old 07-09-2005, 10:49 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I believe someone makes a solid axle conversion for our trucks, but I can't remember who. Of course, you can always go with a custom conversion. The highest tech approach would be a solid axle with coilovers shocks instead of leaf springs.

Old 07-10-2005, 01:34 PM
Well it seems it can be done and here's a link to give you some idea whats involved

http://www.broncograveyard.com/produ...7760f8d6b0232f

Quick Reply: Big Big Big Lift question