Pro Comp + Spring Spacers? PLEASE HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2005, 09:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pro Comp + Spring Spacers? PLEASE HELP!

Dear Members,

I sure hope I can get some help regarding the following. I own a 04 F150 2WD. I purchased the truck brand new from a Ford dealer with the Pro Comp 6" suspension lift installed. There are two versions of this lift, the coil over and the coil spacer. My kit uses the coil spacer.

I wish to get an additional 2" of lift in the front. Therefore, is it possible to install either the Daystars or AutoSpring spacers with the installed Pro Comp lift? My Pro Comp lift included the drop-down spindles with the camber bolt kit.

I did a search in the members galleries and only found one 04 F150 that said he had installed both a suspension lift and the Daystars. I was not able to find an email address for him.

I greatly appriciate any response to this problem.

Michael

Old 05-20-2005, 10:26 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't think you can use the spacers on top of the Pro Comp spacer. I would purchase some adjustable coilover shocks. I believe the people who have used a spacer with a suspension lift had replacement coilovers.

Old 05-20-2005, 10:37 PM
Red face

Wandell,

I was just thinkink about what you said and thought of something. I understand what you mean by using the auto spring spacers. Using these would require me to mount two spacers together... the Pro Comp and the Auto Springs.

But..............

What if I installed the Daystars? The Daystars are installed inside the strut assembly and would not even be in contact with the Pro Comp spacer.

This is the way I look at it and it might be wrong. The Pro Comp lift lifts the truck approx. 6" and maintains the stock steering angles and ride by using the drop down spindle with the spacer that must go on top of the strut. Therefore, adding the Daystar shouldnt be any different on the Pro Comp lifted truck as a stock truck.

Let me know what you think or if I am just barking up the wrong tree. I wish to raise the truck higher without having to resort to a body lift.

Michael

Last edited by Digiconcepts; 05-21-2005 at 11:39 AM.
Old 05-21-2005, 03:13 PM
wait a minute... the procomp 6" kit doesn't level the truck out?? that sucks... i thought all these lifts leveled the truck as well as lifting it up! ??

Old 05-21-2005, 06:22 PM
ShadowedFX4,

Yes the lift levels the truck out but im not concerned about lifting the truck 2" additional inches in the rear. Thats the easy part. I just need to come up with a solution for the front.

Michael

Old 05-21-2005, 08:45 PM
oh ok... thanks Digiconcepts

So you plan/want to lift the whole truck more than what the pro comp has done so far. Man, wish my truck came lifted!

Old 05-22-2005, 12:04 AM
The Daystar is a two piece spacer. One part bolts on top of the coilover, like the Auto Spring and your Pro Comp spacer. The other piece fits on top of the spring. You could install this piece, but I don't know how much lift it will give you.

Old 05-22-2005, 06:07 AM
Wandell,

Thanks for the great input regarding the Daystars. I was able to find a 2" spacer that fits within the strut assembly only and has no parts outside of it (like the Daystar). The part I found is the Tuff Country machined aluminum upper coil spring spacers. I went ahead and ordered them tonight. When they arrive I will rent the strut compressor and install them. I will then take it to the alignment shop and see if they can successfully align the frontend within manufacturer specs. Before I take it to the alignment shop I will also verify that the brake lines and electrical have enough free play. Would you like me to keep you posted on the project? If so, do I just post in this thread or start a new one? Take pics? I can document the entire process so I can possibly help other F-150 owners gain 2" more.

Michael

PS.... Here is the link to the Tuff Country spacers.

http://www.jackit.com/store/supercart.cgi?s=tuf_22905

Old 05-22-2005, 09:26 AM
Yeah, keep us posted and take some pics. It doesn't matter if you post it here or start a new thread.

Old 05-24-2005, 01:13 PM
I have the coilover kit on my truck and they are fully adjustable. If you wanted to get a little more lift out of it i would go pick up the coilovers and than just adjust them out to lift the truck a little more. I dont know how will effect the ride i havent messed with it yet. Or you can just call pro comp and they will tell you what you can do to lift the front up a little more.

Old 05-25-2005, 07:32 PM
If ya raise it any more, i bet that you're tires will begin the rub after the steering stop (that's what I'm call'n it) digs in far enough into the lower a-arms/control arms and then the tire's start to rub.

Think of it this way, the higher the front gets, the steeper the angle becomes on the a-arms and that brings the tires closer in.

I've got adjustable coil overs on mine and my truck is still sitt'n higher in the front, have yet to lower the front. I just tracked the popping and rattle sounds after another member here is having the same problem and everything is starting to fall into place why I am experiencing the sounds and vibes that I am.

Old 05-27-2005, 09:02 PM
I installed the spacers today with no problems. After installation I checked for proper clearence on all steering and suspension components and found no problems. As for the alignment, I can easily see the negative camber. I will be taking the truck into the alignment shop tomorrow and see if they can now align it to manufacturer specs. If they can, then it looks like this little project worked. I will wait until the alignment is successful to give the final lift (inches) results.

Old 05-27-2005, 10:17 PM
Old 05-28-2005, 07:23 PM
Just got the truck back from the alignment shop and they were able to align it within factory specs. I measured the new height after the alignment camber was adjusted correctly and the spacers lifted the truck an additional 1.85 inches for a total lift in the front of 7.85 in. This experiment was a success!!!! Now time to move to the rear and lift that 2" to level the truck out... but thats the easy part of all of this.

And thanks Wandell for your time and input.

Michael

Old 05-28-2005, 10:19 PM
Hey, it was your idea. I'm glad it worked out for you. I can't wait to see some pics.

Quick Reply: Pro Comp + Spring Spacers? PLEASE HELP!