New guys needs advice

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2004, 11:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New guys needs advice

Hi, i am considering purchasing a 79 f-150 for a decent price, however, someone stole the driveshaft out of it, and it was driven around with the front wheels only driving, this caused one of the universals up front to break... My question is, how hard is it to get a decent driveshaft, and could i find a new front axle for it? Thanks for any help i might be able to get.
Mike

Old 10-21-2004, 12:49 AM
Banned for Use of Multiple Usernames
Couple options...you can go through your local wrecking yards and hope to find one that fits, or you can pick up your Yellow Pages and find a local drive shaft shop. You can typically have one built for a couple hundred bucks.

As for the front end - did they break an axle shaft or just a u-joint? The joint can be replaced. If the axle is broken, look for a replacement from a junk yard (and replace the u-joint in it before you install it).

Old 10-22-2004, 03:35 PM
i havnt looked at it yet, but my buddy said that they broke one of the u-joints and it also busted the axle shaft housing. I was assuming everything was junk because they drove it around for a while (couple weeks i think) like that.

Quick Reply: New guys needs advice