Insall Grease Certs in Stock Balljoints?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2004, 11:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Install Grease Certs in Stock Balljoints?

Has anyone drilled holes in their stock oem balljoints and installed grease certs? I have an extra pair of upper and lower control arms that have almost new oem/stock balljoints. I would like to drill a hole on top of the ball joints and install grease certs. Has anyone done this? Since it is a stock version, will I damage anything by drilling a small hole for the grease cert?

Last edited by iron horse; 01-27-2004 at 12:56 PM.
Old 01-27-2004, 06:32 PM
You mean a grease zerk? I thought certs were breath mints If it was me I wouldn't do it due to the reduced strength. There is more engineering that goes into making greasable ball joints so they have paths for the grease to follow yet still keep the strength. Its just one of those things where if it fails it can be really bad. I wouldn't wanna bet my life or someone elses on it if something goes wrong.

Old 01-27-2004, 10:10 PM
...yeah, the joints never floss or brush, so I thought at least a Cert breath mint would cut down on the smell in the cab.........

Old 01-28-2004, 10:51 PM
There is a hypodermic needle with a zerk fitting on it that wll work fine on Ford front ends. About $3 and 10 minutes and your all greased up.

Quick Reply: Insall Grease Certs in Stock Balljoints?