4" vs 6"

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2003, 02:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey Mrs.Truck

that crate sounds good...

if all goes well with the wife
i will go with the lift this summer...

we on different trucks both had the goodyear wrangler ATs i think they were...phased out i think...but they were nice..even in snow.

i think the MT/Rs are sweet. So you haven't had any problems with traction? hows the wear? i thought they might wear a little fast.

but like i said i am leaning more toward the goodyears than the Goodrich. but both are sweet.

dave

Old 12-03-2003, 06:17 PM
The tread does not wear that bad. I have been very happy with it.

I bet it is hard to wait until next summer! I the lift tire and rims within a week of buying my truck.

Old 12-03-2003, 07:43 PM
hey Mrs.Truck

the real drag is i keep spending $$ on all the other stuff...engine and little thing here and there...

since youre chick..you might convince my wife from a womans perspective how IMPORTANT all this stuff is

maybe if we got her her own truck...an then...and then...

most guys have this dilemma

LOL

dave

Old 12-03-2003, 08:15 PM
That is the perfect idea...show her all the cool things that you can do to yours and then convince her that she would look super cool in one of her own! That is somewhat how it happened with me. My husband has a Chevy 2500HD 4dr with a 10" lift and quite a bit of other stuff on it as well. It was time for me to get a new car this year and he was like what do you want (he is a sales manager at a ford/honda/mazda dealership) so I spent about 4 months test driving all types a viehicles. I finally landed the King Ranch, on one condition...I get to do everything to mine he had on his. So he said all right that's just fine and it was all downhill from there. At this point I have gone way past the "everything he has" and I am lovin' it! To think I almost got a BMW!

Trucks are fun and I have found that my truck has helped in my job some to. I sell motorcycles at a Yamaha dealership and when people would come into the store and ask who's truck that was and all the guys pointed to me they seemed to be taken back a bit and realize that even though I am a girl I like boy things too!

Jayleen

Old 12-03-2003, 10:19 PM
hey Mrs.Truck

thats FUNNY!

whos truck is better? (I hate chevys) the Dodge are nice....but the Fords seem most durable.

before "WE"got prgnant we had a tacoma...really nice..but too small for the baby.

hence the 4 door supercrew.

now as second..day car she has a suburu..and thinks its fine..it is great on gass..but...duh..what a lame car.

but perhaps i can get back into a tacoma. they are pretty rugged stock. very reliable too.

oh well

i'll post again in this room after i get my lift

see ya

dave

Old 12-09-2003, 02:41 AM
Virtual...

I actually have a lifted truck(read my signature). The lowered truck in the photo is me using photoshop. Even if my truck was lowered would not mean that I can't know anything about lifted trucks. I know more than a lot of people aboutboth lifted and raised trucks. I have know some people who have had Fabtech shock s and have saidf that they are all garbage. As for their lifts I can only speak of the 4X2 lift as not beinhg really good. I only assume that their 4X4 lifts are the same. In the 4X2 sector they have a reputation in the offroad community of being street kits cuz they have a tendancey to bend.

Old 12-09-2003, 10:25 AM
hey Crazy4Fords

duh

it was kinda a joke...

actually, i really haven't heard much bad about fabtech....but just a lot a good about Rancho and Pro Comp.

funny thing...i just left San Berdue last year (crestline in fact with the FIRES)...if we were still down there i'm sure i would have gone fabtech.

some times things seem regional

dave