Sway in front end - can someone help??

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2003, 01:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sway in front end - can someone help??

I have a 2002 F150 XLT 4.6L V-8 (I know, its in my sig too). the problem I'm having is I'm getting sway in the front end when I go over small hills, or dips, etc. The truck wants to pull to the right when I go over them. Can anyone tell me what more than likely would cause that? It does it every time, adn sometimes it's really bad. This truck only has 23k miles on it, but it was wrecked some in the Right front. I'm wondering if something was not fixed 100% correctly, or if there is a part that is "weak" and needs to be replaced that wasn't. Thanks for your help in advance!!

Old 10-08-2003, 05:21 PM
Been wrecked on right front! Boy this is "A BIG RED FLAG"
Possible damage to the upper A arm, also the torsion bar could have been damaged. Does it set level when looking at it from head on?
Maybe a trip to your local front end shop to check the alignment, they see a lot of vehicles every day and could check for misaligned componets. I know I would sleep better knowing the front end was aligned and didn't have any cracked or damaged parts. Be sure to tell them about the wreck and the fact you don't know what was done back then.
Good luck bud!!!

Old 10-08-2003, 05:29 PM
well, my grandfather (who fixes wrecked vehicles for a living, well retired living), checked it all out a couple times before I purchased it. He saw nothing structurally wrong at all, except for a few minor things which he said could be fixed (ex. the AC clutch is warped a little, the left front fender well bolts are a little off-center, etc). Nothing major, though. Maybe I will take it to a front end shop and let them put it up on a machine and check it out, since they can measure things to the precise millimeter pretty much.

Quick Reply: Sway in front end - can someone help??