New Guy Needs Help Raising front....

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2003, 05:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Guy Needs Help Raising front....

HI, I have a 1997 f150 4x4 flare side and want to raise the front end a bit because like most of you know the front end is a bit lower than the rear on stock. I cranked the torsion bars to raise the front but one side went up a bit and the didn't at all. I want it to be level. What should I do????
Thanks

Old 10-07-2003, 11:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I suggest that you take your truck to a reputable alignment shop and tell them what you want to do. They can adjust your torsion bars for you and do a front-end alignment for you (cuz you are going to need one anyway after adjusting your bars.) Most knowledgeable alignment-techs are familiar with this and probably have done it more than once. I adjusted the torsion bars myself- measuring the height until I got it right-and then had my alignment done. However, I used to have an old Nissan 4X4 that was significantly lower in the front than the back, and when I took it in for a routine alignment check, the tech asked me if I wanted the truck to be level, and of course,I said yes! He did not charge me extra. That was a long time ago, but I bet that if you know a good shop, they would do it for you.
Hope this helps!

Quick Reply: New Guy Needs Help Raising front....