4" Suspension and 3" Body Lift

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2001, 10:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 4" Suspension and 3" Body Lift

I finished the first phase of my suspension upgrade by installing the 4" Rancho suspension kit. It went smoothly and the ride is great. (FYI: Rancho recently came out with a steering stabilizer and skid plate for the late model F-150's which I recently ordered.)

My second phase is a 3" PA Body Lift. However, I had some concerns. These include relocation of the front tow hooks, tow hitch, and rear dual exhaust. The exhaust is simple enough. None of the threads ever mention relocation of these items. Do most people leave them alone? Are any other items affected? My Westin side steps attach to the underside of the Rocker panels so they will move with the body..... I looked in the Photo Gallery but could not see any pictures which centered on these items. I am hoping some of you guys and gals have close-up pictures of the tow hooks, hitch, etc.

Old 06-01-2001, 04:22 PM
Cool

jthemis,

Howdy. Just wanted to tell you that there is a car/truck show at Chucks resturant in Plano this Saturday, starting at 5 til 8:30 PM. If you can, you should stop by and say hi to me and all the other Texas Chapter members that will be there. Would like to see your truck with the lift, and also so I could compare it to my lift to see if the height is the same. Well, take care.

------------------
98 Black F150 S/C 4x4 ORP 5.4

4" Rancho lift, 14 KC lights, lots of other goodies. Check out www.F150World.com/Mudder for pics and all the info.

Old 06-01-2001, 06:49 PM
I have been thinkin about doing the suspension lift to Rancho how much did you pay and did you install yourself???? Was it difficult???Thanks

------------------
2001 F-150 SuperCrew Lariate Oxford White
01L Tails Headlights Corners and third brake light...4x4, 5.4L, Tan leather interior, Moon roof,more to come soon.....
Need some sounds in this truck real bad....

Old 06-04-2001, 08:33 AM
Thumbs up

jthemis

Go to my site and maybe you can get some ideas. Hope it helps.

------------------
My Ride: 1998 F150 4x4 Lariat Supercab Flareside 5.4L in Oxford White/gold, ORP, Tow Package, 3.55 Gears.

Modifications:
Optima Red Top Battery
Split Fire Spark Plugs
K&N FIPK
Gibson Supertruck Exhaust System
Stepshield door sill protectors
Performance Accesories 3" Body Lift
Performance Accesories Lift Lips by Mountain Enterprises
Superlift 3" lift blocks
Gabriel Gas Ryder LT VST Shocks
Daystar Front Anti-sway Bar Polyurethane Bushings
Heckethorn Steering Stabilizer
35x12.5R16.5LT BFG All Terrain KO's
16.5x9.75 American Eagle 589's.
McGard Premium Wheel Locks

Photos at: http://www.communicomgroup.com/jmtruck

Old 06-04-2001, 11:38 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by WhiteyFord:
I have been thinkin about doing the suspension lift to Rancho how much did you pay and did you install yourself???? Was it difficult???Thanks
</font>
I thought about doing it myself but then 4 wheel parts ran a special with the kit and installed for 1400. Right now I live in an apt complex and they have already given me grief for changing my oil in the parking lot. Seeing that the suspension lift takes anywhere from 7 to 12 hours, i chose to have it done. With the truck being three years old, some of those suspension bolts would be difficult to remove. I recently purchased some air tools so that will make future jobs easier. I think if you have a friend or 2, a suspension job is much easier than doing the body lift home.

The only thing that went wrong is that they broke my ABS sensor with the install. They replaced it no questions asked. They even mounted my tires and rims at no charge.

Quick Reply: 4" Suspension and 3" Body Lift