Body Lift Gone Bad! Please Help!

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2000, 08:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Body Lift Gone Bad! Please Help!

Howdy all. I had a body lift installed by a trustworthy friend of mine last March. He did an awesome job and i really enjoyed it, but in May I was in an accident. A car ran a red light and hit my truck in the side. No one was hurt and truck was fixed cost-free(for me) and felt and sounded great. Lately however, I've had this really loud 'clunk' and have (after sitting under the truck for 2 hours today) found the problem. Two body lift blocks directly under the cab are loose, giving about a 1/4 inch in each direction. Therefore, the body is shifting when the truck leans making a very loud 'clunk'. My friend is off at college now, and I'm stuck with my truck making noise! Please Help...don't know what to do!
-Brandon
97 F150 4x4 4.6L 3" body 3.55LS

Old 12-14-2000, 08:37 PM
Tighten the bolts that are going through the blocks. They're probably going from inside the cab Down. That should be the only reason the plastic round blocks are moving. The bolt heads are Torx heads

Old 12-14-2000, 09:30 PM
Yep tighten the bolts. The bolts are inside the cab under the carpeting. You will probably need to do some work to get at them. I have instructions for a body lift and they reccommend that you take the rear seat out. I've never put a lift in before so I don't know that you necessarily know that you have to do that, but that is what they reccommend.

------------------
1997 F-150 Lariat
Ext Cab Short Box
4x4 Off Road Package
3.55 Gears
265/75 R16 Uniroyal Laredo M/Ts

My 2 cents worth

If you're gonna stroke it, POWERSTROKE IT!!!

Quick Reply: Body Lift Gone Bad! Please Help!