Straight Axle Kit Photos/website

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2000, 05:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Straight Axle Kit Photos/website

Sorry if the pics are big I 'm not sure how to change them.
Here it is, Brand new website for the Straight axle conversion kit from Fabritech. These guys were really nice and seemed extremely knowledgable.
Check out the Web Site http://www.setstr8.com

------------------
Y2K F150 4x4 XL Med Torredor Red
4.2 5 speed,AIRAID, SuperCHIP,
3.55 LS, Leer camper shell, bedrug,
Ranchhand Rover Brushguard with 6 LIGHTS and
Wireless remote switch Tint/alarm/ aftermarket keyless entry/locks
2m/10m/11m/12m radios, Scanner
LT285/75/16 BFG All Terrains
regulator@f150driver.com

Old 11-16-2000, 08:36 PM
JDm
I THINK IM IN LOVE!!!!!!!!!!
Damn thats a nice looking truck.

Old 11-16-2000, 10:08 PM
wow, That is a nice truck.wonder how much that kit costs.

Old 11-16-2000, 10:43 PM
Wow! that is big!

But why? why not buy a f250 or 350 with a solid axle up front already? The IFS is one of the reasons I bought the new F150.

Old 11-17-2000, 08:41 AM
Wink

Matt90GT, it depends on what you want to do with the truck. Solid axle is better offroad, especially in rocky uneven terrain. The F150 is cheaper than the F250 or 350. Many start out with a cheaper vehicle and add stuff as they go, when they can. Can't get the V6 in a F250 or up either. Some do prefer the V6 engine. Nothing wrong with that. If your truck is not going to be used for a lot of heavy extended towing, etc., the bigger V8's are more engine than some people want. They can spend the money they save on lifts and other toys! ha ha!
Thing too is people often have mods available to them at very low or no cost so installing these mods is almost nothing out of pocket. I know people that work at auto parts stores and have all the latest aftermarket stuff on their trucks and cars. One of the bennies of the job.

If I had my preference I would put solid axle under my F150. Solid axle is much more durable and carries heavier front end weight at the cost of comfortable ride. To me, it's a truck, how comfortable should it be? The only reason light duty trucks were taken to IFS is because of all the women drivig pickups these days. Fords surveys revealed that more women drive light duty pickups today than men. The market is going to be driven by who buys and what they buy, but that doesn't mean everyone has to live with the things they don't like about the stock trucks

Old 11-18-2000, 12:43 AM
If I had my rathers, I rather have a solid front axle in any truck. More rugged and easier to lift. Ride, well an IFS is good for most since it'll ride more like a car, but it's a truck! Also a solid front axle doesn't mean a rough ride. Look at Jeeps. All Jeeps are solid front axles and I see tons of women driving them

Old 11-18-2000, 04:39 AM
Thumbs up

Jeep Grand cherokee, as well as Land Rovers/Range Rovers all have solid axles as well

I just want one!

Quick Reply: Straight Axle Kit Photos/website