Stearing dampener

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2000, 11:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Stearing dampener

Are there any stearing dampeners for 2wd trucks? I know the 4x4s have them, but has anyone put one on a 2wd? if so what brand and how much? thanks.

------------------
99 black f150 4x2 ext. cab sport w/4.6 V8. external mods. include:
3" body lift, 3.5" fabtech lift, airaid FIPK, JBA headers, Superchip headlight/taillight covers, wiper schroud, shadeblade, ventshade, bug deflector, bed liner, tonno cover, and Flowmaster Amarican Thunder cat-back system.
internal mods. include:
Pioneer indash cdplayer, 2 8" MTX subs, 400 watt amp, remote start, and aftermarket alarm
<a href="biglongaddress.com/morestuff/yetmorestuff/pagename.html">shortdescriptiveword or words</a>

Old 09-15-2000, 11:51 AM
Talking

Thanks for all the info guys! It helped me a lot...

------------------
3" body lift, 3.5" fabtech lift, airaid FIPK, JBA headers, Superchip headlight/taillight covers, wiper schroud, shadeblade, ventshade, bug deflector, bed liner, tonno cover, and Flowmaster Amarican Thunder cat-back system.
internal mods. include:
Pioneer indash cdplayer, 2 8" MTX subs, 400 watt amp, remote start, and aftermarket alarm
<a href="biglongaddress.com/morestuff/yetmorestuff/pagename.html">shortdescriptiveword or words</a>

Old 09-15-2000, 02:19 PM
Question

Did I miss something here?

Old 09-15-2000, 03:56 PM
Flatlander

No, you did not, but after 5 days and no one answering your tread usually you start talking to yourself. It did happen to me before a couple of times and I did the same thing. Sometimes the questions are a little bit harder to answer even it is not a hard question or maybe there's just a small group of members interested in steering stabilizers.

christrucker

I have been looking for one of those and I think I will be buying the Heckethorn Extra Heavy Duty Steering Stabilizer from JCWhitney. I have in my hands a 2000 catalog of parts and accesories for pickups # 416-1J-06 with prices guaranteed through august 31, so maybe is still the same price. The price for the stabilizer is $43.95 and comes for the 97-99 F150, F250 2WD and the 4wd (no superduty). I think you have to order separately the colored dust boot (yellow, blue, red or black). Ask them. Their phone # 1-800-865-4227.

If you want information on other brands contact directly manufacturers of suspension products such as Trailmaster, Rancho, Procomp or Superlift.

Hope this helps.

------------------
1998 F150 4x4 Lariat Supercab Flareside 5.4L in Oxford White/gold, ORP, Tow Package, 3.55 Gears.

Modifications: K&N FIPK, Stepshield door sill protectors, Performance Accesories 3" body lift and Lift Lips.

See photos at <A HREF="http://www.communicomgroup.com/jmtruck

" TARGET=_blank>www.communicomgroup.com/jmtruck

</A>

[This message has been edited by JMTruck (edited 09-15-2000).]

[This message has been edited by JMTruck (edited 09-15-2000).]

Old 09-15-2000, 04:57 PM
Talking

Thanks man! I really needed to get one and I couldn't fin one anywhere. The stearing wheel moves all over when I hit little bumps and I think this might help. It never did it until I got my 35 Mickey Thompson tires. L8r

------------------
internal mods. include:
&lt;a href="biglongaddress.com/morestuff/yetmorestuff/pagename.html"&gt;shortdescriptiveword or words&lt;/a&gt;

Old 09-15-2000, 09:07 PM
Question

christrucker

What MT tires do you have?

Old 09-15-2000, 11:59 PM
Talking

JMTruck, I decided to go with the Mickey Thompson Baja HP. They are 35 12.50 17. I love them! They aren't noisy, they have a speed rating of 112MPH and they fit on my 17" rim! I have had so many compliment on them. I would highly recomend them. I paid 195 a tire at Discount tire.

------------------
internal mods. include:
&lt;a href="biglongaddress.com/morestuff/yetmorestuff/pagename.html"&gt;shortdescriptiveword or words&lt;/a&gt;

Old 09-16-2000, 03:59 PM
christrucker

I was just curious about that. For some reason I thought about that tires. I just ordered four of those at $198.00 delivered. I live in Puerto Rico and buying those from the US would very expensive shipping. I think you got a great price.

Actually the order is going out next week and the tires will be here around the first or second week of october. I can't wait to fill that empty space created by the body lift.

How do they look on the 7.5" rim? Do you have any pictures? I am ordering at the same time Mickey Thompson's Classic II 17x9 rims. I am just waiting for the release. Those were on hold.

That's mainly the reason I am getting the steering stabilizer, the 35's.

------------------
1998 F150 4x4 Lariat Supercab Flareside 5.4L in Oxford White/gold, ORP, Tow Package, 3.55 Gears.

Modifications: K&N FIPK, Stepshield door sill protectors, Performance Accesories 3" body lift and Lift Lips.

</A>

Old 09-17-2000, 09:36 PM
Cool

okay, here is a pic of my truck with my tires.

------------------
internal mods. include:

[This message has been edited by christrucker (edited 09-17-2000).]

Old 09-17-2000, 10:23 PM
christrucker

Great looking truck. I can't wait for my tires.

Now, more questions, how do you feel about the American Thunder? Any drone cruising? Can you compare that sound to any other brand? For example there are some sound files of the Gibson Super Truck here in product reviews. Can you make a comparison with that one?

Talk to you later.

------------------

</A>

Old 09-19-2000, 09:39 AM
Now, that first shot in the series of three shows the real agresive look of the MT's.

I was wondering since you have the 3" body lift, how did you re-route the American Thunder to exit close to the body as in the stock position?, Did a shop made the modifications, if any?

Thank you for all the info.

------------------

</A>

Quick Reply: Stearing dampener