Shocks ??

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2003, 07:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shocks ??

Whats a good way to test to see if your shocks are still okay. I think my are getting bad but not real sure. got my oil changed today and when my girlfreind picked it up they told her that the sway bar is broken in half and doesnt even have the bolts there what could have caused this. what does one of these cost.

Old 05-30-2003, 09:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would first bounce on the bumper as if you rode over a bump, the trucks suspension should compress and slowly rebound to its resting position. The ride of the truck and mileage are other factors. The degree of wear your shocks have is visible in other movement besides the compression and dampened rebound, harder jolts may add an extra bounce but it shouldn't be much more than that.

I've recently posted a question about shocks because I wanted to improve the ride of my truck with larger tires so I've been reading up and asking a little about it. I am installing new Koni's and will have stock 2001 F150 2WD shocks with 20,000 miles on them. They are still working fine but I wanted a stiffer damping. Let me know if you want them, I was going to post them on ebay soon.

The sway bar I'm not sure of, do you take alot of hard turns?

Quick Reply: Shocks ??