3" spindels w/ coil spacers?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2000, 09:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post 3" spindels w/ coil spacers?

I'm new at this so I hope I can get some feed back. I have a 99 Flarside SC 4X2 and just bought the 3" Bullseye(Procomp??) spindels and was wondering how I could get another 2 inches of lift in the front? I heard about some coil spacers that would give you approx. 1.5 - 2" of lift. Does anyone know about this. I called 4wheelParts and they said NO WAY!!! Also I have the 3" block and u-bolts for the rear the guy at the auto parts place said that a 3" block would only give you 2" of true lift?1? Does that sound right.

Old 04-25-2000, 07:28 AM
CR1
I put the same 3" Bullseye spindles on my truck. It made the truck very close to level, so I didn't need to lift the back with blocks...I was looking to do 2" more also, but it seemed much easier to just do the 3" springs and arms about $450 from www.truckin.com (Chassis Tech). From everybody I have talked to, this is the better way to lift (vs. just the springs) because it keeps the camber much closer to stock and makes it easier to align. I don't know about just the spacers, though. Good luck, and please post your findings...Thanks!

------------------
1999 2WD XLT 4.2L Auto
3 inch bullseye spindle lift
Borla catback
Clear corners

Old 04-25-2000, 10:38 AM
MJ
Talking

I can't really say about the coil spacers, but...

I've got the 2" Fabtech leveling coils and I asked them about installing the spindles and they said it couldn't be done. Something about too much pressure on some of the components (sorry to be so vague, I'm not a mechanic). The spindles CAN be installed with their 3 1/2" coil/a-arm kit, though. For more info, see https://www.f150online.com/f150board...ML/000486.html

------------------
'99 Supercab 2wd, Fabtech Leveling Coils, Stull Billet Grille, Kenwood X711, Coming Soon: BFG AT's and possibly Bullseye Spindles

Old 04-30-2000, 07:10 PM
hey DIRTRACKER, did you get the answer you were looking for,,, I was looking for the same set-up, SPINDLE and COIL SPACERS, if you get any futher info on this issue, let me know.
its either this set-up
or else 1.spindle and upper a-arm
2.spindle and 2" body lift
3.upper a-arm and 2" body lift
w/ 285/75-16's or 33's MT's

what do you think would be the best way to go from these set-ups

------------------
1999 FORD F150 XL, V6, SUPERCAB, WHITE, SHORT BED
HANDY4898@WEBTV.NET
PROPS TO MY WIFE AND TWO YEAR SON, " LOVE YOU POPPA "

Old 05-01-2000, 02:36 PM
Talking

I have 3 things on my truck. 1 is the Spindle Lift. 2 is the 3" Body lift. 3 is the 1" coil spacers in the front and 3" blocks in the rear. It rides kinda stiff but not too bad.

Old 05-01-2000, 04:11 PM
Question

I just finished my 3"spindle lift (Bullseye) and put the 3" block and U-bolts in the rear. I didn't go with the coil spacers... just didn't feel comfortable using them. I like the way the spindles and blocks made the truck look but I'm having a little noise in the rear end. Sounds like a thump when I hit the gas after being stopped. I called 4wheel parts and they said its called "Axle Rap" anyone heard of this??? Help!!! He said I might need some "Lateral Stabilizers"??? If anyone might know what or where this noise is coming from I would appreciate your input! Thanks

Old 05-01-2000, 10:59 PM
Dirtracker-
You have the same setup I do. I really like the look of mine as well, I will be even better when I get the new tires. Any pics?

As for your problem, I can't help. I don't hear any noises with mine. Does it sound like grinding at all? Does it last as you keep accelerating?

Trending Topics

Old 05-02-2000, 10:56 AM
Texas Ag-
The spindles and blocks were the way to go. I love the way my truck sits now! As for the noise in the rear, it only does it sometimes and when I go to hit the gas after being stopped. I talked to several different people about this and the latest theory is that it might be where the slip yoke goes into the rear end. He said to fill that grease fitting and really pack it w/ grease. I plan on doing that today! As for the pictures, can you tell me what I need (or) how to post pictures. Do I need a scanner, digital camera, etc.??? Thanks!

99'F-150 XLT S/C Flarside
Harvest Gold V-8, 4.6L
Lumar Tint, Bugdeflector II,
ORP 17" Chrome Wheels,
GY AT/S Tires, Clear Corners,
Nerf Bars, Pendaliner SR,
Class III Hitch:
Future Mods-
Factory Fog Lights, Diamond Plate
Tool Box,... i'm sure I'll think of something!!!

Old 05-02-2000, 10:02 PM
Dirtracker-
I'm not sure how to get the pictures on. I think you need to have them stored somewhere on a personal webspace and then you just type in the link in 'your reply'.

I have a scanner, but I don't have a regular camera to take pictures to develope and scan. Therefore, I am in the process of getting a digital camera. After I meet all the guys at the Texas Rally, I felt stupid. They all have these really nice digital cameras and video recorders.

We need to have another post for cool, electronic toys.

Old 05-04-2000, 02:53 AM
CCLA,,,,,, WHAT ARE THE COIL SPACERS INTENDED FOR?
IF I WAS TO INSTALL SPACERS WITH A UPPER CONTRL A-ARM WOULD I HAVE TO MAKE ANY MODS TO ADD THE SPACERS, AND ALSO WOULD THE SPACERS CHANGE MY RIDE, WOULD IT MAKE IT A STIFF RIDE...

Old 05-04-2000, 09:34 AM
Talking

The spacers give you a 1" lift in the front. Yes the ride is a little stiffer. I didn't have to mod anything except the rear. I had to add blocks to the back to get the truck back level.

Old 05-04-2000, 04:20 PM
JDm
CCLA,
IF I got the 31/2inch kit with a-arms and new coils could i still get coil spacers. that would give me 41/2inches of lift in the front and then get 3inch rear block.

thanks
JDm

------------------
1999 F150 REG.CAB BLACK 2WD SPORT 4.2 LITER V6,FLOWMASTER SERIES 40 DUAL EXHUAST, K&N FILTERCHARGER, MANIKS GRILLE GUARD, PIONEER DEH-P4000 CD PLAYER WITH 4 3WAY SPEAKERS,SPIDERGEAR BED WEB,PROCOMP HEADLIGHT BLACKOUTS.

Old 05-04-2000, 04:48 PM
Talking

I dunno. Maybe. Please remember I'm using these spacers only until I get My A-Arm and Coil kit ( Which May Be A While ). I consider my suspension " Rigged ". But I had to do it cause I had 1200 worth of 35's sitting there that wouldn't clear the Spindle and body lifts.

Old 05-06-2000, 04:09 PM
CR1
Hey, could you guys post pics of the spindle and block lifts? I have the spindles, without the blocks in the back, and my truck is barely level, if not still just a bit lower in the front. Here is a pic. (Sorry about the poor quality, my mom's cheap digital camera. I will get a better one soon!)

------------------
1999 2WD XLT 4.2L Auto
http://www.geocities.com/cr1f150/
3 inch bullseye spindle lift
Borla catback
Clear corners

Old 05-07-2000, 12:58 AM
CR1-
I just ordered a digital camera and that's the first picture I'm going to take when I get it. Give me a week or so.

Quick Reply: 3" spindels w/ coil spacers?