I did it..installed a 3" inch body lift ...by myself

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2000, 12:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yep, you have to remove rear seat (six bolts). There are two body bolts hidden under that, two more right behind your front seats (no you don't have to remove) and two in the front foot wells. There are six bolts in the bed and then two more under front end by the bumper...14 in all. Look under the truck, you'll see 'em...the big black donuts between frame and body...thats your mounting points.

Like I said before it takes a while to do all of the little things. But one good thing, you have the 5.4 so you don't have to f / with the tranny mount adaptor.

Front end you can see part of the engine but doesn't look bad...in the back I added skirts to cover the gap between bed and frame as you could see daylight...shower pan liner sprayed black and riveted to the bed bottom lip..as far as seeing frame, it looks normal to me...you can see a little more of my spare but no frame showing and I'm **** about how my truck looks e.g. the skirts above. You can buy inserts for wheel wells from any offroad catalog...but they cost $60 ...IMHO the skirts cost me $5 and look fine.

The trim should pop right off...get the forked tool used for trim removal...it helps to have one.

------------------
1997 Arctic White F-150 XLT Flareside SC, K&N, Magnaflow muffler, Air Box mods, Bugflector II, Soft Tonneau Cover, Chrome Westin Bars, 3" Performance Accessories Body Lift, tinted windows

Flares Rule!!!!!

Old 04-20-2000, 07:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Snowball- Theres more information on the product review section in this site. I order mine last week. I will share information with you after finishing the project.

As for cranking the torsion's (4x4 only) as someone mention before this will wear your front suspension components faster, besides all other things mention in this section by other F150 friends

------------------
98 4x4 Lariat SC 5.4L ORP, Tow Package, 3.55 LS in oxford white two tone. Only modifications, K&N Filtercharger and Stepshield door sill protectors. Many more to come.

Quick Reply: I did it..installed a 3" inch body lift ...by myself