Lift kit fit

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2003, 07:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lift kit fit

im almost postive it will fit but if i can get a good deal on a expy lift and i have a 98 F150 well im just about postive it will fit except for the rear in which case i'll get some blocks or add-a-leaf or re-arch my springs but i felt i would ask first ...one more question are the rear shocks the same length

Old 05-04-2003, 07:40 PM
The front will work but the rear will have to be custom built like you're thinking. Either get an add-a-leaf or replace the rear with 1 new block. Don't stack them, its not a real safe idea, unless you like the idea of your axle walking away from you if it spits a block or it curshes. Stacking dramatically increases the chance of this. As far as the shocks, they should be about the same length.

Old 05-05-2003, 11:41 AM
hey thanks for your reply i was pretty sure it would but wanted a backing ..but about the rear i know i don't even like the thought of using on block especially 3,4" or more

Old 05-05-2003, 12:07 PM
Blocks have always sucked, always will. Its just a cheap way to get lift. The best way is to get a new leaf spring pack made. This can get kinda spendy, but its worth the money.

Old 05-05-2003, 06:32 PM
i guess if i wanted to get some real flex and go custom i could use the coils from the expy kit and build a 4 link system but i bet those coils have to heavy of a spring rate to use and i would end up spending more money than it's worth especially after what flex u can get out of leaves

Quick Reply: Lift kit fit