Spindle lift completed thanks to Tazman

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2000, 10:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Spindle lift completed thanks to Tazman

Well, Tazman and I completed the spindle lift on my 98 s/c last Sat. Actually, he did most of it or told me what to do. Thanks Taz, I owe you some beer!

We had a hell of a time getting the caliper bolts off. Other than that, it went well. I didn't have the antilock sensor to worry about since mine doesn't have front antilock brakes.

You have to get a front end alignment right after you finish though. My tires were squeling like a stuck pig at 20 mph before the alignment. Make sure you have the cam kits for both sides when you have it aligned. I had to leave my truck at NTB over night so they could get the kit. I should have bought it myself.

Oh well, it looks great! I am going to get the 285 BFGs in a few months (won't have them before the SA Rally).

Old 03-30-2000, 02:40 PM
texasag~
hey, glad to hear you got your spindle lift on!! i'm going to be getting one later in the summer and was wondering if y'all might be able to help me put mine on (PLEASE). i was also curious what you did to lift the rear end. i'm trying to decided between add-a-leafs or blocks. best wishes . . .

***JasoN***

------------------
Oxford White 1998 F-150 STX, reg. cab, flareside, 4.2, auto, 3.55s, tint, Prestige alarm, Bel radar detector, Pioneer CD player, 4 Polk 5x7's, Stull billet grille and bumper insert, Flowmaster exhaust, K&N airfilter, V-Tech Tailight Covers(painted to match truck), removed factory mud flaps, Clear Corner Lenses, DJM shackles, Billet Oval Mirror FUTURE MODS: 3in body lift, 3in spindle lift, 34in MIckey Thompsons . . . GIG'EM AGGIES

PICTURE: http://www.angelfire.com/tx3/98STX/mytruck.jpg

Old 03-30-2000, 02:46 PM
Talking

J_Rock-
When you get it let me know and I will be happy to help. Don't forget you will need that 18mm socket. Save my email and let me know.

------------------

2000 F-150 Supercab
Toreado Red
4.2l V6
Flowmaster 40 series single in dual out
K&N aif filter
Class III reciever Hitch
Mobil1 Synthetic
tazman_65@hotmail.com Home

norman.green@equistarchem.com work

[This message has been edited by TAZMAN (edited 03-30-2000).]

Old 03-30-2000, 11:20 PM
J_Rock-
Sure, I will help, just let me know when you are ready to do it. Taz and I could have them on in an hour. Don't worry about the 18mm socket, you can use mine.

As for the rear, that's a funny question. I have an add a leaf that I haven't put on yet so it looks a little funny right now. I'm going to try to put them on soon. The front looks great.

You can go either way, leafs or blocks. It just depends on who you get the spindles from. Let us know when you are ready.

Are you going to SA on 4/14? We'll have to get together sometime. I need to get up to CS for an Aggie baseball game. Gig'em.

Old 03-31-2000, 12:56 AM
hey guys~
i appreciate it. i'm planning on getting a body lift before the spindle lift, so i'm sure it will be a while, probably later in the summer. i'm going to get the body lift, and then just kinda wait around until my tires wear down until i get the spindle lift and tires. i don't think i'm going to be able to make it on the 14th. my dad is leaving to go out of town for 6 months that monday, so i'm going to need to go home and see him. where in houston do y'all live? i live on the southwest side of town near sugarland. anyway, hope y'all have fun in san antonio. hopefully i'll be able to make it to a rally eventually.

***JasoN***

Old 03-31-2000, 07:26 AM
Talking

J_Rock-

I live by greenspoint, Let me know when you are comming into town, We can see how much damage we can do to this town.

Old 03-31-2000, 06:05 PM
I'm at Westheimer and Gessner. Let us know when you come in.

Trending Topics

Old 04-02-2000, 10:22 PM
Well, I finished the lift I started last weekend. I put the rear add-a-leaf on this afternoon.

The new bolts I got with the leaf were an inch longer than I needed. This made it hard to get the extra separation between the axle and the leaf springs w/o taking the the leaf springs off. I did manage to use a jack to lift them up enough to get the bolt in.

Everything else went OK, but I would say the blocks would be a lot easier. I have a suggestion for Ford, include an 18mm socket with every F150 they sell! You also need it to undo the rear shocks.

Quick Reply: Spindle lift completed thanks to Tazman