New TRAILMASTER lift, can't allign front end now!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2000, 03:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry New TRAILMASTER lift, can't allign front end now!

I had a 4" TRAILMASTER kit installed and the shop that did the work (Tom's Tire Pros in San Gabriel, CA) cannot get the front end alligned, it has been back in the shop three times now and still pulls to the right. Has anyone else had this problem? What should I do?

------------------

97 XLT SC 4.6 4X4 3.55LS; Black
  • 16" Weld Wheels
  • 285 BFG ALL TERRAINS
  • 4" Trailmaster Lift (powdercoated Black)
  • K&N filter
  • Tinted windows
  • Superwhite bulbs
  • Superchip
  • Mobil 1
Coming soon:
Billet grille, spay-in liner, AIRAID, Flowmaster.

[This message has been edited by Kiley Schmit (edited 03-31-2000).]

Old 03-31-2000, 06:21 PM
Looks like the rear end is sitting to far down too.....go to a rear alignment place..something sounds very wrong..Dave

------------------
1998 F-150, SC/Flairside,oxford white 4x2,4.6,auto,3.55s,nerf bars,cls 111 towing,bed liner w/mat,atlas polished wheels w/285/75 R/16 BFG A/Ts (black side out),all plastics guards/bug shields,air raid/k & n filter, superchipped, duals out the back corners, flow master 3 chamber, snug top lid, f-150 online sticker back window-honk if you see me!!! Fabtech 3 1/2 lift .coverking dash cover, Lumi Logo's (front and rear), clear front corner lenses, muth mirrors.

San Antonio
DWESSELS89@AOL.COM

Old 03-31-2000, 06:51 PM
Are the torsion bars cranked up? I think you would have to level out the stance, then take it to a place that can do a 4 wheel alignment. I don't think there's an adjustment for the rear axle other than the slop between the leaf spring centering pin & the axle, which should be minimal. But you could check the alignment of all 4 wheels & see if anything is screwy.

Old 04-01-2000, 05:35 AM
Arrow

The torsions are cranked a little and the rear is lower intentionally. (I like the prerunner look.) With the rear, I had them install the add-a-leaf and remove the factory block. I do think the back may be a little too low (I haven't decided) and may have them put the blocks back in.
I have almost 2,000 miles on the lift kit and have not noticed any uneven tire wear.
Thanks for the feedback.

Old 04-01-2000, 08:35 AM
Wink

Kiley, I also have the Trailmaster lift and had no problems at all aligning it. I have to agree with DAVENSA and d reyes that the rear of the truck is the problem. I have had both add a leaf which leveled out the stance and blocks that raised the rear just a tad like it came from the factory and neither caused any problems. I'm sure weight transfer to the rear because of your lowered rear has a lot to do with it.

Good luck

------------------
97 F-150 Black, 4x4 XLT ext.cab,sb,offroad pack.
4" Susp. lift, 3" body
4.56 gears w/LS,
Flowmaster 50 Series w/ duals out rear
36x14.5x16.5 Super Swampers TSL Radials,
16.5x9.75 Weld Scorpio V wheels,
Pre-Runner Bumper w/KC Daylights,
Westin nerf bars,
Pro-Comp Front Skid Plate,
Summit Aluminum Diff cover,
Rancho 9000's and remote,
Lift Lips,
Lighted FORD logo,
K&N Filter,
Superchip,
Bosch Platinum +4,
TransGo Shift kit,
Bug shield,Tinted windows
Sony ES Mobile head unit,Sony ES Mobile changer,MTX Thunderform sub,Boston Acoustic Pro-Series up front, Polk in rear,PPI & Coustic Amps,Alpine Alarm

Check it out at:
http://members.aol.com/squanto804/scottwebpage.html

Quick Reply: New TRAILMASTER lift, can't allign front end now!