Anyone With Trailmaster 4" Lift...Please Look!

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-1999, 07:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Anyone With Trailmaster 4" Lift...Please Look!

Has anyone with the 4" Trailmaster lift experienced any driveline vibrations in the front end?

I have posted a string in the other drivetrain section under "drivetrain vibration ~ 97 Expedition" and have had a lot of feedback...but...I thought I would ask a few of you with similiar lifts!

Even though my application is on a Expedition...I do believe the F150 is the same front kit!

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

Note: This vibration is not tire/wheel related...it started vibrating right after the lift before the meats were put on!

Erik

------------------
Jacked '97 Expedition XLT 4x4,5.4L,4" Trailmaster lift, 315-75-16's on 16x8 ASA rims, K&N filter, Smittybuilt sure steps, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X811 CD w/ 10 Disc Changer, Zapco amps, KEF seperates, Boston Acoustics Pro-10" sub and lots of future plans...will work for truck parts!
For truck photos see...
"EX" Files

[This message has been edited by eriko (edited 12-05-1999).]

Old 12-03-1999, 10:03 PM
Eriko, I have the Trailmaster and have had no problems. Are you sure its not a tire/wheel problem or an alignment out of wack. The bigger tires are hard to get a good balance which I'm sure you know. The lift should not have changed any angles. I read the other thread about you lengthening your driveshafts, the company that installed the lift should have known that they did not need it, and i'm sure that set you back a little. I know a few other people with TM lifts and they also have had no problems. Let us know what the problem is when you figure it out.

Scott

------------------
97 F-150 Black, 4x4 XLT ext.cab,sb,offroad pack.
4" Susp. lift, 3" body
4.56 gears w/LS,
Flowmaster 50 Series w/ duals out rear
35" Wild Country Tires,
16.5x9.75 Weld Scorpio V wheels,
Westin nerf bars,
Rancho 9000's and remote,
Lift Lips,
K&N Filter,
Superchip,
TransGo Shift kit,
Bug shield,Tinted windows
Sony ES head unit,Sony ES changer,MTX Thunderform sub,Boston Acoustic Pro-Series up front, Polk in rear,PPI & Coustic Amps,Alpine Alarm

Check it out at:

http://members.aol.com/squanto804/scottwebpage.html

[This message has been edited by Squanto804 (edited 12-03-1999).]

Old 12-05-1999, 01:26 AM
eriko,
I have a Trailmaster also. I have had no problems either. Like Sqaunto said with that kit there is no need to lengthen drive lines.
Good Luck in finding the prob.
Nino

------------------
97 F-150 XLT 4.6 V8 with OffRoad package,Superchip,flowmaster,K&N Airfilter kit, Stull Billet Grille,Clear corner kit on both front and rear,4" Trailmaster suspension lift with Trailmaster SSV shocks,American Racing Baja wheels 16.5x9.75, Dunlop 16.5x33 tires,and a Billet Ford hitch cover.
You can see my truck at
http://www.homestead.com/ninof150/F150.html

Quick Reply: Anyone With Trailmaster 4" Lift...Please Look!